Pregnant cat and blood

help!

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I took in a young pregnant cat that was dumped. The vet gave her a perfect bill of health last Wednesday and she has been fine since. She is due last this week, early next week. Her teets are still VERY dry.

A few minutes ago I found a couple drops of blood on the floor that I am pretty sure are from her. I can't be certain, but I'm almost positive.

IF they are from her, why would she be bleeding? Like I said, it was only 2 drops and she is sitting here with me now, perfectly fine...?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

help!

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I decided to bring her to work with me because I was worried. She was put in an extra large dog carrier with litter, food, and water. She was pretty stressed about it and once we got here she started pawing at the towels and blankets and panting very heavily, of course being very vocal. Now she is calm and sleeping. Could she have been in labor and just be taking a break now or was it the stress that caused her panting?

shadowsmamma

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
shadow was doing that all night she started spotting at 7:30 lastnight and she started having contractions at about 8:30 this morning she had her third one about an hour ago and i know shes not done her belly is still pretty big so you might have awhile or you might not

kanelopie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat was bleeding like that also, just sploching.
I don't know if it's normal or what.
I have never had a pregnant cat before, so I have no idea when to expect labor! Ahhh! I want kitties!!