Pregnant cat 1 years old (help)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Triin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
my cats water broke it looks like and she’s been panting and breathing very hard . But at some points she stops breathing as hard. Is that normal ??

Triin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cats water broke at around 2-3:30 pm today. At least I think it was her water. It looked like she had a couple contractions. But she hasn’t actually pushed yet. Is everything okay? Or is this just part of it? She’s looks calm and is drinking water. Please lmk!

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She may be in early labor. You’ll probably see kittens by tomorrow if she progresses normally, which would be increasingly stronger contractions over the next 24 hours.

Triin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat has been in labor since 2 pm . There was a little bit of clear liquid on the place she’s laying at that time. But still nothing . She’s breathing heavy still and pants off and on. I’m really worried…

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It sounds like she is laboring. It can take up to 24 hours for stage one labor to get to the second stage, which is pushing.

You can give your cat some kitten formula to drink from a saucer. The calcium will help her.

Triin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She hasn’t had them yet. She’s 65 days pregnant today. There isn’t much movement tho. Maybe in 2-3 spots.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She’ll have them soon. Sounds like she had a few pre-labor contractions. Hang in there!

Triin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
ping pong had about 3 contractions about 2 hrs ago . And I felt her belly and there is movement very close to her vulva but she isn’t acting like she needs to do anything.

Triin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello . My 1 year old cat ping pong is 66 days pregnant as of today. She had what looked like tiny contractions at about 2 am . But stopped. She has also been scooting her butt on the carpet. Idk if it’s cause she’s feeling something or what. 🥺

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Just continue watching her. She’s getting there. If she appears in distress call your vet.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Any updates? Were you able to treat her sore Ping Pong rear with the coconut oil? Please encourage her to get sources of calcium. Prayers and vibes for beautiful Ping Pong to have an easy and successful birthing :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes::grouphug::cheerleader:

CarmiesMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
if she dosent go into active labor by say 1-2 pm call your vet, my Caramel was small about 6-7 months for her first litter and as an put door cat she started paceing trying to find a den spot , she went to the grage a few but nope left ten min later under the neighors porch again no she was panting and her water broke but still no babies the next morning had us in the vets office as he declared an emergancy c-section would be needed that 24 hrs was a long time for that sort of labour so CALL your VET especially if she hasnt been able to clean her backside then she may have issues cleaning babies.