Pregnant cat 1 years old (help)

Triin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 1 year old cat is pregnant, about 60 days . She’s a very tiny cat and she hasn’t been able to clean her back side for about 2 weeks. It’s swollen and is red and is always wet. I can’t find anything about pregnant cats not being able to clean back there. Someone help asap

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Help her out by applying a warm, damp cloth to her bottom to clean and soothe; then apply coconut oil to relieve chapping and redness. Do this a few times a day for now.

She needs this help if she cannot clean herself. Continue this help until after she has her kittens when she can clean herself again.

She must be terribly sore back there right now. I’m sure she will appreciate the cleaning and coconut oil. It will relieve irritation so she can just rest up for labor and delivery of kittens soon.

Then you can put the coconut oil on her nipples and mammary glands because the constant suckling of kittens will chap them also.

Coconut oil is non-toxic. Mom cat will appreciate this relief. Triin Triin

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Triin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Every time we tried to wipe her do anything she screams really loud and tries to claw us . She immediately gets really angry even when we get near her to try and do it.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Well, someone must hold her tightly by the scruff so she cannot move, while another person cleans gently and applies oil.

She is sore and perhaps frightened, but let her scream. She is sore so be gentle, but she needs oil or at least vaseline peteoleum jelly on her bottom. It will only take a minute or less. Make it work.She will feel better!

Triin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 1 year old cat is due tonight or tomorrow (2:29 rn) but about an hour ago she started licking her nipples and milk was coming as she was licking. Does that mean she’s having them tonight or tomorrow? I’ve seen tons of different sites saying she will go into labor 2-3 days after her milk comes in and a couple saying she’s about to go into labor.

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
My 1 year old cat is due tonight or tomorrow (2:29 rn) but about an hour ago she started licking her nipples and milk was coming as she was licking. Does that mean she’s having them tonight or tomorrow? I’ve seen tons of different sites saying she will go into labor 2-3 days after her milk comes in and a couple saying she’s about to go into labor.
There is no fire sure thing this. Average is one, but individuals are something else. It may be whatever, its apparent its very near....

British Girls

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She might be in the first stages. Usually, cats' milk comes in a couple of days before they actually give birth, so it seems that she still has a couple of days to go, although it could be anywhere between today and next week! When she goes into the most noticeable stage of labor (stage 2) you will see contractions very clearly...as long as she is not stressed, she should be fine. Are you going to spay her after this? She should be spayed once she weans the kittens (around 8 weeks). She is very cute!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Milk can come in up to a week before labor and delivery. Are you seeing contractions? She’s getting very close regardless.

Triin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She might be in the first stages. Usually, cats' milk comes in a couple of days before they actually give birth, so it seems that she still has a couple of days to go, although it could be anywhere between today and next week! When she goes into the most noticeable stage of labor (stage 2) you will see contractions very clearly...as long as she is not stressed, she should be fine. Are you going to spay her after this? She should be spayed once she weans the kittens (around 8 weeks). She is very cute!
We are definitely getting her spayed after!

Triin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Also, have you seen her mucus plug? That is one of the indicators that she is about to have the kittens, although it is pretty easy to miss, as she will most likely clean herself and lick it away.
We don’t know. She hasn’t been able to clean herself well at all because she’s so big and she’s such a tiny cat.

Triin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Milk can come in up to a week before labor and delivery. Are you seeing contractions? She’s getting very close regardless.
She’s being very restless and won’t sit stil . She’s laying In the bathroom floor excessively licking her nipples and leg.

Triin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! Any updates?
Hello she’s currently laying on a sweatshirt I think her water broke there’s Littles circles of water on the hoodie and she’s panting and breathing very Hard!

Triin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My one year-old cat ping-pong is laying on a blue hoodie there’s little circles of water all over it and she’s panting and breathing very hard! It’s time soon!

Attachments