Pregnancy Misery

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry for what happened they must feel guilty ! youll soon know with the kittens however glad you said it wouldn't matter ! I do not have a clue what my Gracie is . She's a tabby moggie however she acts and is treated like a princess . Although I do understand you want to breed her etc as a pedigree however just saying shouldnt have an issue finding adoptees just in case ....

pippapurring

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She should deliver any time now! I'd be surprised if she made it through the next day without going into labor. Sad to hear about the feral who got to her but I'm sure you'll have lovely kittens regardless. Really looking forward to your delivery update! :lovecat3:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Koen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sorry for what happened they must feel guilty ! youll soon know with the kittens however glad you said it wouldn't matter ! I do not have a clue what my Gracie is . She's a tabby moggie however she acts and is treated like a princess . Although I do understand you want to breed her etc as a pedigree however just saying shouldnt have an issue finding adoptees just in case ....
Thank you. She does seem truly remorseful about the incident and I don't like to harbor grudges against people, especially loved ones. I've made mistakes too after all.

I'm beginning to think she'll never give birth. Haha! A few days ago she was displaying all the symptoms of pre term labor, today... all she wants to do is eat everything in sight and play. I cannot feel the kittens moving as much as I used to but the vet told me not to worry because that happens.

I hope I can still find homes. The cost of their vet visits, shots and their spay/neuter will be pretty high. Chances are I'll lose out on a lot of money, but so long as they're healthy and find awesome families...I'll be super happy.

Koen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She should deliver any time now! I'd be surprised if she made it through the next day without going into labor. Sad to hear about the feral who got to her but I'm sure you'll have lovely kittens regardless. Really looking forward to your delivery update! :lovecat3:
Last night she spent hours nesting in my bedroom, but never went into labor. Today she is eating like crazy and playing with the foster kittens. Showing no signs they're coming soon. Maybe I'll get lucky and she'll have them on my birthday (July 25TH).

Koen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Constance turned down her canned cat food this morning and hasn't wanted to eat dry either. I opened a pouch of tuna hoping to get her to have a little something and she flat out refused. Either she's not feeling well, or her appetite is affected by impending labor. Her temperature this morning is 102.4 which is the highest it has ever been. It was steadily declining each day, now suddenly it's this high...really puzzling.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It sounds like labor is coming. I've never relied on temperature as an indicator, but it sounds like her hormones are in high gear. Today may be the day! :)

Koen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It sounds like labor is coming. I've never relied on temperature as an indicator, but it sounds like her hormones are in high gear. Today may be the day! :)
I'm not going to get my hopes up because she has showed strong signs of being near to laboring before, just to turn around and go right back to normal. She has started nesting a lot in the last half hour. This experience has taught me that you just never know. There are no for sure signs that guarantee labor is immenite. You just have to be patient and let nature take its course.

Koen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Baby bump. She's laying on her back, her pulse has quickened and she's almost panting. I don't see or feel contractions though.

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How is she now?

Her nipples look dry. Do you have bag balm or coconut oil to put on them? Both are non-toxic.

Koen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How is she now?

Her nipples look dry. Do you have bag balm or coconut oil to put on them? Both are non-toxic.
Milk has dried on her nipples. I apply lanolin to them twice a day. They actually feel very soft to the touch.

She's in her nesting box but I don't see contractions yet. She's licking her genitals and nipples a lot though and breathing fairly hard.

Attachments

Koen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Constance is about to see her veterinarian. Still no kittens yet, despite all this behavior pointing to her being in labor for the past 16 hours. The doctor was having me hold off bringing her in, but now she too seems to be starting to worry. Here's to hoping everything will be okay.

Koen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Welcome to the world baby 1. So excited to meet the whole clan. I'll keep everyone updated.

Attachments

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did they induce or did she need a c-section?

Hope all is going well.

Koen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Welcome to our family baby 2.

Both are strong and trying to nurse.

Attachments

Koen

TCS Member