pregant stray

tallulah33

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a stray cat living in my neighborhood that I have been feeding (along with several other neighbors, I suspect). I do not know how to tell if she is pregnant. Her belly does appear to be growing, but it is soft, not distended. I have been checking her nipples for signs, but as I have spayed and neutered all my cats during adolescence I have no experience with this. I would like to know so I can prepare to find homes for her kittens, etc.

sandie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
About 3 weeks after conception the nipples start to get VERY pink and continue to grow. When she is far enough along, you can feel the kittens move if she lets you love on her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tallulah33

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Her nipples are poking out a bit. . .but they are just a little pink. I am wondering about her belly. Someone said in another posting that a pregnant cat's belly "drops". So how early in the pregnancy will her belly look distended rather than pouchy? Right now it is just kind of pouchy and saggy.

sandie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Usually in the last few weeks of pregnancy the belly seems a little on the stiff side. Pregnancy for cats is only about 63 days.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tallulah33

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sandie-

Thanks for all the helpful ino! I will defintely be keeping a close eye on her and her potential little ones. I will keep you posted!

Liz