Prednisolone And Sleeping More

mikameek

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Has anyone experienced this with their cat and prednisolone? Mika just recently started it but I've already noticed that she's sleeping more and not really moving from her spot as much. She comes out for breakfast, lunch and dinner, to go to the litter box and when we eat (so she can see if she can steal food, haha) but other than that she's curled up in the same spot. She's normally following me around, hanging out with me and sleeping when I spend a long time in one spot (usually a couch).

Just curious if I need to be more vigilant about this or if it's normal. Will she be like this for the whole time she's on pred or just while she's on this amount? (She was started at 2 ml)

MariaB10

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Mikameek -- I just gave my kitty his first dose this morning (for asthma) and he's been sleeping all day--he's way more lethargic than usual. Did Mika's sleepiness improve??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mikameek

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Mikameek -- I just gave my kitty his first dose this morning (for asthma) and he's been sleeping all day--he's way more lethargic than usual. Did Mika's sleepiness improve??
Yes it did! I decided that prednisolone wasn’t working well for Mika and so my vet and I agreed on lower her doses. However, before lowering it (I’d say after being on Pred. for 2 or 3 days) her sleepiness was better. It wasn’t until we lowered it that she went back to her normal activity level though. I would wait it out for a few days (Maybe 4 or 5) and then contact your vet if you’re still concerned after that!