Precious you left too soon

CarmiesMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
A week ago tuesday i posted about Houdini's passing now his brother playmate & Bestie Precious Ornriness Kitty has joined him on the other side of the rainbow bridge. Precious was born Dec 17th 2018 he was the sweetest little boy with an onry streak a mile wide he loved playing with his glitter balls and would offten call out BALLL when looking for his current fav he also liked calling out Houni for his brother to join him in play. he passed today at 4:30 due to anemia caused by fleas as our dog had carried in fleas from the outdoor cats and we weren't able to get them eradicated in time. or at least that is what the vet says i think part f it may have been depression because the loss of his brother. I dont know if i can take much more right this moment i want to surrender his 2 siblings niece and parents to a shelter or rehome them i Know it wont bring him back but i dont know if i could take another one dying my heart is breaking in a billion pieces.

the worst part is the vet gave me hope after barrowing $100 I took him in last night affter he'd hidden in the corner for a lil over 24 hours behind a chair and hadnt eaten well i got worried and pulled him out and he was in bad shape but the vet did blood work said his organs were still good even with the severe anemia. that with IV fluids and syringe feeding he should have a good chance so i left him with her evbn though i told her i'm on a fxed income and really couldnt afford a big bill and to tell me right then of she didnt think hed make it. she said this morning he had perked up last night after his first IV and Nutri Gel their was hope and checked in all day holding steady visited at 1:30 and he seemed about the same maybe a lil worse crying nurse said it was because poor circulation that the iv and nutri gel should help and he was moving around he'd turned around to get comfy so affter 15 min or of loving on him and talking to him i went home called back about 4:15 and the nurse was busy shed call me back at just before 5pm i got the call the worst call ever precious had taken a down turn at 4:30 checkup and they decided to do his IV and nutri gel early but in the time it took for the doctor to get to the phone he passed.

about 20 min ago i had a scare with his brother used a new flea medicine from the vet and about a half hour after wards he began sgaking his head panting tounge out eyes glassy well a cal to the vet had me syringe feeding him water and then rushing in thankfully it was nothing serious just scratched the flea meds then licked his foot he was fine by the time we got to the vet. so hug your furbabies tight and let them know their loved and i will never say ohh its just a few fleas again.
181215268_1150049868791801_1181990924767563625_n.jpg
160204437_3689969587766014_5252273958679496248_n.jpg

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for losing someone so special in your life, it leaves a huge hole in your life. Try not to dwell on his end, it only brings heartache and pain, concentrate on those other little ones in your life who need you more than ever right now.
It hurts, it hurts very bad. When you give your heart to someone it always is painful when their presence is torn from your home. That bond of love you formed with that sweet little boy can never be taken from you. Yes, you feel the loss of his presence in your house, but you will always have that love deep in your soul. It is spiritual, so eternal.
Right now the pain is overwhelming, it will crush you if you let it take over and consume you. It takes over your thoughts and overshadows every joy you had in your world. Your poor heart wants nothing else but to never go through this again. Thus your reaction of wanting to rehome the others. But if you did that it would just bring about a new kind of pain, a different hurt, wondering how they are and knowing they miss their life with you so much. You need each other right now. You can concentrate on never letting this happen to anyone else with your warning, and taking care of the problem you have at home so it never happens again. Get on a program to save money to prevent flea infestation for all your animals. Save it a little at a time each month so it won't be such a burden. Emergency vet bills are MUCH worse as you know. Even though you don't realize it, you may have saved a little life with your warning, it will help your heart heal a little in doing so. You did what you could with what you had, if the vet couldn't save that sweet boy, there was little to be done. He may have had an underlying reason that anemia was such a threat. You had no way of knowing. Your love was with him when he passed, he is at peace......
Live your life as if you were doing it for him. As if you were the first to go and how you would want him to go on. Seeking love to help fill that hole that is there now, residing beside it, not replacing it but helping it to grow even more special, even stronger. Yes, it hurts so very much when they leave us, but what they gave to our life's journey is much more precious and a treasure. You hurt so bad because you loved so much. To fully enjoy life, to really live, there must be pain to go with the joys to help us realize how important their love was. How much it meant.
Time is the only thing that helps. Time will dull the sharp edges of grief and bring your world back into perspective. Focus on the little ones left in your care and realize that you are making their world one filled with love, and that is all they need and want. The world is a cruel, cold place at times, but you can be their sunshine through it all, and they yours. Remember none of us are promised a tomorrow and live each and every day as your last. As long as you are alive, each and every little one that has gone through your life lives on through your memories, and that is a great honor, one we all should hope for. your sweet Precious will always be as close as your thoughts and prayers, he will always be near. You will be blessed for loving so much......RIP sweet Precious. You will be dearly missed, you will always have a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!
PS when applying topical medications, I always put them high up, almost between the ears and down. Cats are contortionists, and my Chrissy got some in her mouth. It caused her to race around and foam at the mouth, it was awful. But it is still teh best product to use. Some even take care of ear mites, another horrible disease.

Last edited:

John Perram

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry for your loss. It is so hard to lose your fur baby. Hang in there and time will fix all.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CarmiesMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for losing someone so special in your life, it leaves a huge hole in your life. Try not to dwell on his end, it only brings heartache and pain, concentrate on those other little ones in your life who need you more than ever right now.
It hurts, it hurts very bad. When you give your heart to someone it always is painful when their presence is torn from your home. That bond of love you formed with that sweet little boy can never be taken from you. Yes, you feel the loss of his presence in your house, but you will always have that love deep in your soul. It is spiritual, so eternal.
Right now the pain is overwhelming, it will crush you if you let it take over and consume you. It takes over your thoughts and overshadows every joy you had in your world. Your poor heart wants nothing else but to never go through this again. Thus your reaction of wanting to rehome the others. But if you did that it would just bring about a new kind of pain, a different hurt, wondering how they are and knowing they miss their life with you so much. You need each other right now. You can concentrate on never letting this happen to anyone else with your warning, and taking care of the problem you have at home so it never happens again. Get on a program to save money to prevent flea infestation for all your animals. Save it a little at a time each month so it won't be such a burden. Emergency vet bills are MUCH worse as you know. Even though you don't realize it, you may have saved a little life with your warning, it will help your heart heal a little in doing so. You did what you could with what you had, if the vet couldn't save that sweet boy, there was little to be done. He may have had an underlying reason that anemia was such a threat. You had no way of knowing. Your love was with him when he passed, he is at peace......
Live your life as if you were doing it for him. As if you were the first to go and how you would want him to go on. Seeking love to help fill that hole that is there now, residing beside it, not replacing it but helping it to grow even more special, even stronger. Yes, it hurts so very much when they leave us, but what they gave to our life's journey is much more precious and a treasure. You hurt so bad because you loved so much. To fully enjoy life, to really live, there must be pain to go with the joys to help us realize how important their love was. How much it meant.
Time is the only thing that helps. Time will dull the sharp edges of grief and bring your world back into perspective. Focus on the little ones left in your care and realize that you are making their world one filled with love, and that is all they need and want. The world is a cruel, cold place at times, but you can be their sunshine through it all, and they yours. Remember none of us are promised a tomorrow and live each and every day as your last. As long as you are alive, each and every little one that has gone through your life lives on through your memories, and that is a great honor, one we all should hope for. your sweet Precious will always be as close as your thoughts and prayers, he will always be near. You will be blessed for loving so much......RIP sweet Precious. You will be dearly missed, you will always have a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!
PS when applying topical medications, I always put them high up, almost between the ears and down. Cats are contortionists, and my Chrissy got some in her mouth. It caused her to race around and foam at the mouth, it was awful. But it is still teh best product to use. Some even take care of ear mites, another horrible disease.
Thank you your reply helped me get threw last night and i think part of the reason he didn't make it was the loss of his twin they were really close but anyway
PRK.jpg
i still have the others and they have helped as well here's a picture of the boy who gave me a scare last night after getting flea med's in his mouth Prince Royal Kitty

CarmiesMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry for your loss. It is so hard to lose your fur baby. Hang in there and time will fix all.
Thank you just posting it here helped my family members don't understand he was my baby they have said "it's just a cat" so thank you for reaching out

John Perram

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
In the past 2020 year I lost Snicker my oldest cat. Batman my favorite cat and I was devastated. I have left werun with hyperthyroid and Sam with lung cancer. Sam has helped me through my loss of Batman. Sam has decided to be a new fur baby. So you may be surprised how things go with your remaining cats. I have learned from my cats. They are so tuff.

CarmiesMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
In the past 2020 year I lost Snicker my oldest cat. Batman my favorite cat and I was devastated. I have left werun with hyperthyroid and Sam with lung cancer. Sam has helped me through my loss of Batman. Sam has decided to be a new fur baby. So you may be surprised how things go with your remaining cats. I have learned from my cats. They are so tuff.
their Older Sister Marie is hiding comes out for meals, the parents well Dads a bit bummed hanging out on cat tree looking around for the boys now and then after Houdini's accident he refused to leave the bathroom it happened in for like 3 days i think he witnessed it their Mama is distracting herself by looking for mice we get one once in a while being on a rural town about a block away from the tracks. their litter mate Royal is a bit lost keeps coming to us and meowing his signiture croak and then snuggling as we cry before now he was aloof and finally their niece a kitten of 11 months we brought in over the winter as she nearly gave up in sub zero temps and was immideatly adopted by Marie seems confused and unsure of things now. hoping we can all settle back to a new normal in a little while.
Marie
Marie Meyham Kitty.jpg
Marie Meyham Kitty.jpg
Mama Kitty Caramel below
IMG_20201224_123012.jpg
Daddy Mignon
IMG_20200904_091537.jpg
Remaining boy Royal
Prince Royal.jpg
and Sweetie addopted baby of Marie
180908498_946618612804895_9172148667325448944_n.jpg