Precious (My sheep)

arielrain

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What beautiful animals you have! Wow!
I'm a city girl and don't get to farms too often. LOL Really enjoyed these pics!

709juggalette

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by naturesgift

24 days left!!!!!!! I am going to try for birthing pics/and a possible video. IS anyone interested? Would anyone be offended if I posted them?
I would love to see pics and maybe a vid if possible! That would be super cute and interesting.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

naturesgift

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
whew I will be honored to share the momment

MuleNag..we will have to compare notes then! Precious is a horrible faker. a month b4 she gives birth she starts acting like its going to be any minute. She had me last year thinking it was any minute.a month prior to giving birth. and the funny thing was I watched her breed so I knew the date
but she was just acting sooo you know
She was my first ever sheep. She was a bottle baby a friend of mine gave me well my family was visiting Mo.
It was love at first site!

calico2222 We have Goats to! I have some birthing pics if you want them. from two of our girls this Summer
... I am kinda hoping for triplets....though just one heatlthy girl would make my year! Since I cant keep the males

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
What kind of goats do you have? We want piccies of those too!!! haha!

I will be going home this weekend, so I will be able to get piccies of my goaties and horse again...I haven't seen them in like 4 weeks
I hope it's not 20 below this weekend!!!

naturesgift

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by faith's_mom

What kind of goats do you have? We want piccies of those too!!! haha!

I will be going home this weekend, so I will be able to get piccies of my goaties and horse again...I haven't seen them in like 4 weeks
I hope it's not 20 below this weekend!!!
We have a small herd of Rescues from a goat Dairy that was shutting down.

This is Emah (she is an Alpine/Nubian)

Her Daughter Abby

This is Peace and her Daughter Annie (from this summer)(Mom is a sanaan)

This is My Baby Destiny (she is a Sanaan Nubian Boar). She was given to me by a friend b/c she was in a Coma and there was nothing else they could have done. We gave her therapy and high doses of Vit B complex..and today she is almost normal other than her jaw being crooked. (I can post pics and the story from beginning to end if you want)

this is her with her best friend. My baby calf. ( I rescued the calfs mother from being auctioned off... ) I paid $1000 for her. she was way to skinny. sadly she gave birth and then died of a cancerous growth at the base of her spine *RIP Clippy) But this is her Daughter Zoey

And this is the Sire to both Abby and Annie. he is a purebred Nubian.
He is the only goat we bought. We chose him b/c of his bloodlines and temperment. this is Reese

naturesgift

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
oh! and I hope you have nice weather to visit your goaties!

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

And this is the Sire to both Abby and Annie. he is a purebred Nubian.
He is the only goat we bought. We chose him b/c of his bloodlines and temperment. this is Reese
Is he ADGA registered? He's very lovely, but he does not really fit the Nubian standard...I started out years and years ago with Nubians; fell in love with their sweet, stubborn natures!
Some reference bucks...not doubting you, I am just curious, cause your boy looks alot like a Kinder buck I had years ago-he had those airplane ears too!!! (Kinder...Pygmy\\Nubian cross)
http://www.blackmesaranchonline.com/...1bucks.htm#Tri

I love your little Destiny...what a sweet face she has!!! I would love to hear her story...sounds like she has had quite the life so far!

I have three little goaties...One Pygmy doe, A Nigerian Pygmy cross doe, and one Nigerian buck. I am hoping both of my does are bred this year...I am going through baby goat withdrawls!!hahaha!

naturesgift

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Is he ADGA registered? He's very lovely, but he does not really fit the Nubian standard...I started out years and years ago with Nubians; fell in love with their sweet, stubborn natures!
Some reference bucks...not doubting you, I am just curious, cause your boy looks alot like a Kinder buck I had years ago-he had those airplane ears too!!! (Kinder...Pygmy\\Nubian cross)

I love your little Destiny...what a sweet face she has!!! I would love to hear her story...sounds like she has had quite the life so far!

I have three little goaties...One Pygmy doe, A Nigerian Pygmy cross doe, and one Nigerian buck. I am hoping both of my does are bred this year...I am going through baby goat withdrawls!!hahaha!
mmm no he isnt registered. But his ears are like that b/c his old owner cropped them..now I have no clue why It all seems so weird. he said he did it b/c he was like "branding him" He is cropped and then on one ear has a weird shaped cut. *the things ppl do* And he is more black then normal. But think this was a trait the guy wanted. . If you take his huge horns away you will see the nubian.
My friends raise purebred Nubs and they and Green!(not the goats the breeders
)

I will start Destiny her own thread. b/c its a long story

naturesgift

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

O MY WORD! I just googled Kinder Goats.. I WANT ONE! I love the coloring! my goodness they are gorgeous!

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

O MY WORD! I just googled Kinder Goats.. I WANT ONE! I love the coloring! my goodness they are gorgeous!
haha...they are kinda cute aren't they???Lol!!! I have had a few of them in the past, and the babies are soooooo darned adorable!!! Not as cute as Pygmies, but then I am extremely biased...I LOVE Pygmy goats; Nigerians are a VERY close second!!!

As far as your buck's ears...I don't see the scarring that would indicate that he'd been 'cropped' (no such thing in the goat world...btw...we tattoo or tag; not notch or crop)...I think you might have been 'had' on this one...he looks more Alpine\\Nubian than pure Nubian. He doesn't have the required roman nose either...a definite flaw...without papers you never can tell, and some breeders are NOT honest!!! I hate a dishonest breeder...

I used to show and later, judge goat shows at county fairs, as well as did FFA judging...I had to learn the goat breeds very well, as well as had to memorize scorecards for each group!! So like I said before, I don't want to doubt you...it's the breeder's honesty I am doubting, because your buck does not represent a Nubian very well; he's a VERY lovely buck, but not a good representative of his 'stated' breed...

naturesgift

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

haha...they are kinda cute aren't they???Lol!!! I have had a few of them in the past, and the babies are soooooo darned adorable!!! Not as cute as Pygmies, but then I am extremely biased...I LOVE Pygmy goats; Nigerians are a VERY close second!!!

As far as your buck's ears...I don't see the scarring that would indicate that he'd been 'cropped' (no such thing in the goat world...btw...we tattoo or tag; not notch or crop)...I think you might have been 'had' on this one...he looks more Alpine\\Nubian than pure Nubian. He doesn't have the required roman nose either...a definite flaw...without papers you never can tell, and some breeders are NOT honest!!! I hate a dishonest breeder...
mmm I think you may be right we were "Had"..and to think I paid for a full blooded Nubian...
. I dont know why he would have lied..ok never mind $$$ is a good reason to lie. And we were just the ppl he was looking for. . PPL these days. But I have to love him anyways right? Im glad we are not ever selling him.
You seem to know alot of about Goats! I would love to get to know you more! We just had a tramatic week last week. You see Emah is a horrible flirt and she jumped two fences to get to Reese and we paniced over her breeding b/c her last babies were to be her last b/c she doesnt know how ot raise her own babies. (her previous home was a dairy and they pull the babies ASAP) And her Utter is ruined with mastitis beyond repair she only has one working side (she came this way) and the working side only gives 6 oZ a day. so she doesnt even have enough to support babies. That and she has a history of triplets.

Well she would have been due April 12. But she began to misscarry over the weekend. She passed one but couldnt pass the other two. I had to pull the other two. (they were kitten sized but she wasnt dialated. ) So now after this we had to majorly think. Sadly we are having to give her a way to friend. She has retired goats. And no Bucks. We are going to miss her sooooooo much.
she is such a snuggle bum.

I am posting about destiny.

My Best friend has a baby Pigmy! I watched him grow up! and I even baby sat him a few times! He loved my ears! He remined me of a baby Deer we Rehabbed

naturesgift

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

I used to show and later, judge goat shows at county fairs, as well as did FFA judging...I had to learn the goat breeds very well, as well as had to memorize scorecards for each group!! So like I said before, I don't want to doubt you...it's the breeder's honesty I am doubting, because your buck does not represent a Nubian very well; he's a VERY lovely buck, but not a good representative of his 'stated' breed...
no problem I believe you. I guess we were easy to trick We moved here from PA. And you know how easy it is to trick City ppl who have no clue.

I plan to show sheep. I am getting a papered Friesian. My first Wooly! I just have to wait on her to be born.
Im going to call her Whisper.

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

no problem I believe you. I guess we were easy to trick We moved here from PA. And you know how easy it is to trick City ppl who have no clue.

I plan to show sheep. I am getting a papered Friesian. My first Wooly! I just have to wait on her to be born.
Im going to call her Whisper.
What a great name! You will love showing...

Sorry you have to place your goatie in a new home...

Even though I have raised goaties for years, I still get slightly anxious around kidding time, because you just never know!!!

here's a site you might like; I am Mystic's_mom on it
www.thegoatspot.net

naturesgift

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

What a great name! You will love showing...

Sorry you have to place your goatie in a new home...
Thanks. At least this time I wont be fooled

Yeah it hurts to loose her . My mom is taking it the hardest b/c there is a bond between them. But we dont want her to die. she is old and deserves Rest.

naturesgift

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MuleNag

How is your ewe doing? Mine had a beautiful baby girl on the 29th! Leap day baby!
aww!!! everythings fine here! Precious is sooo big! She moans with every step. I love sitting next to her and feeling the babies kick!

She has ten days left!!!
OH!!! and I soooooooooo want pics of your baby!!!!