Pre/Post poop Zoomies?

AshwinR

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Has somebody else notice this behavior with their cat? Sometime before or after he poops he zooms through the house. After he poops, it feel like he wants to show me he's "lighter" and goes crazy flying through the house.

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm never heard of that per se, but it is known that zoomies tend to happen at around the same time every day. This is thought to have something to do with a hormonal cause of the zoomies. So it could be that both things, pooping and the zoomies, are linked to a time of the day, and not to each other.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AshwinR

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I forgot the say the's still young, 14 weeks. Might have to do with his youthfulness 🤪

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Has somebody else notice this behavior with their cat? Sometime before or after he poops he zooms through the house. After he poops, it feel like he wants to show me he's "lighter" and goes crazy flying through the house.
My boy does that and many of our cats here does that too :thumbsup:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My Sophie does this too. Every time. Her sister does not but she rarely gets the zoomies anyway.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AshwinR

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My boy does that and many of our cats here does that too :thumbsup:
My Sophie does this too. Every time. Her sister does not but she rarely gets the zoomies anyway.
Thank god. I thought he was hyperactive. Well, he is, but hearing that others are seeing the same behavior, makes me feel it is normal at least. I thought me might be bored and therefor had built up energy.

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The post-poop zoomies are mostly normal.

Cats (and dogs) do it because the smell of their excrement can attract predators or other dangerous or undesirable creatures so they want to get away from their business as quickly as possible.

Casper does it almost every time.

When he does it, we say that Casper is taking a "Victory Lap." ;)

But I don't know any reason why a cat would do it beforehand.

Maybe it's anticipation? I don't know. Just a guess.