Prayers/Vibes for Japan...

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just watching Katie Couric, CBS Evening News and I can't express enough.....Prayers for those in Japan and the other effected countries.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My niece Shawn who taught in Japan for four years (she is now in Korea thank the Lord) her friend Ryan stayed in Japan permanently with his teaching job. He filmed this view of the quake this morning and sent it to CNN

http://edition.cnn.com/video/#/video...ald.cnn?hpt=C2

Shawn just emailed, she is fine but she can't get in touch with her host family in Japan and is worried. I just can't wrap my head around the images I am seeing on tv today. It is horrific. Now the experts are saying that we here in Oregon are overdue for one of that magnitude. Great another scare factor.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A friend of mine just posted on facebook to please keep a girl that she grew up with in our prayers. I'm not sure where she is supposed to be exactly but she asked that we pray that the search and rescue teams are able to find her alive and well; so I'm guessing she is in Japan somewhere. Does anyone know if the waves that hit Hawaii were damaging enough that people are missing? I've not kept up with the news well today.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ok; major prayers are needed for that friend of my friend. I found her FB profile and it lists her as living in one of the cities that was "ravaged" by the earthquake, tsunami and fires that have been burning. It's on a bay about 80 miles north of Tokyo from what I can tell.

I'm praying that she is alright; just not able to contact anyone with all that is going on. Please pray for her family here in the states as well!

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh God, that was terrible... I immediately thought of Aya and Lyra Jean... My goodness, I hope they are alright!

I know there are no "good things" on a situation like this, but at least Japan is a country that is HIGHLY prepared for this type of situation, both structurally, in knowledge and even emotionally. They are trained all the time for it... This spared thousands of lives for sure.

They were advised of the Tsunami and knew what to do about it at least one hour ahead of the time.

The results of this?
The same magnitude of earthquake/Tsunami in 2004 (9.0, this one was 8.9) in the Pacific killed at least 200,000 people.

This one killed 300 confirmed, and there are 500 missing. Huge difference...

So, I know we can't be thankful for what happened, but we can definitely be thankful that they were prepared and it was not much much worst. It could've been...

For everybody in there...

lyrajean

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CatMom2Wires

Anyone heard from Lyra Jean and little Aya?

C
I am here and fine. Was on a plane to Kyoto when all this happened. Okinawa was unaffected too so I am assuming Aya is okay as well aside from missing her mommy!

That said, please send out vibes for the people in Sendai. I just saw a pic of the train to Matsushima, a world-class beautiful piece of coastline, twisted into a muddy mess on the tracks. Awful!

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lyrajean

I am here and fine. Was on a plane to Kyoto when all this happened. Okinawa was unaffected too so I am assuming Aya is okay as well aside from missing her mommy!

That said, please send out vibes for the people in Sendai. I just saw a pic of the train to Matsushima, a world-class beautiful piece of coastline, twisted into a muddy mess on the tracks. Awful!
Oh God, thank God you are ok! Been thinking of you both since I heard the news! When are you seen/hearing from Aya again?

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lyrajean

I'm so glad that you're ok hun.x

lyrajean

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Carolina

Oh God, thank God you are ok! Been thinking of you both since I heard the news! When are you seen/hearing from Aya again?
A friend of mine is watching her. coming over once or twice a day to give her food and luvs
. I'm going to an event here in Kyoto that wasn't canceled, but probably there were people from up north Tokyo ways who can't make it now. Then I get on a plane and will see my furbaby tomorrow around ten-ish at night.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sendai is a sister city to Dallas, so big relief efforts are already starting here.

I think Sendai had less than 15 minutes of warning on the tsunami. At least it happened during the daytime.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

Sendai is a sister city to Dallas, so big relief efforts are already starting here.

I think Sendai had less than 15 minutes of warning on the tsunami. At least it happened during the daytime.
Evansville has a sister city in Japan and they are discussing sending monetary relief. That city sent donations to our area after the deadly tornado we had back in 2005.

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Many, many thoughts, vibes, and prayers are speeding toward those poor people in Japan!!!! This is absolutely horrific, and to make everything even worse, there has been an expolsion at one of the nuclear plants!

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sending lots of prayers to Japan and to LyraJean and Aya, Gemlady that tornadoe was part of that big storm that hit here in Madisonville too you are about an hour and a half from me.