Prayers/Vibes for Japan...

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lyra Jean, thank goodness you and Aya are OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And yes, the threat of nuclear meltdown is terrifying.

their efforts prevent the worst, and continued to everyone affected.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Glad to hear good news from you LyraJean!

My friend's friend has been accounted for and is safe. I can't imagine how relieved her family back here in the states are feeling!!

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lyrajean

I'm going to an event here in Kyoto that wasn't canceled, but probably there were people from up north Tokyo ways who can't make it now. Then I get on a plane and will see my furbaby tomorrow around ten-ish at night.
It's a relief to hear you and Aya are okay!

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Any additional word from LyraJean and Aya? Wondering if she was able to make it home from her event. Such a scary situation!

lyrajean

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by stephanietx

Any additional word from LyraJean and Aya? Wondering if she was able to make it home from her event. Such a scary situation!
Am home and still okay. For once I am relieved I did not get the placement in Miyagi ken I wanted (where all the bad stuff is happening). I am very sleepy 'cause of course Aya was all 'happy, so happy to see you...going to be a crazy cat now...' and didn't let me sleep of course.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This has been unbelievable. My co-worker's son is safe, than goodness. Now she just wants to convince him to move home. I pray they can get the reactors under control

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just read that there has been a third explosion in the nuclear plant, so now all of the Fukushima reactors have exploded. Too fresh to know more details.

My stepfather's son is in Sendai (the capital city of Miyagi) as an exchange student. He contacted his dad on Friday and he's fine. Today he said he's waiting for a bus ride to go to Tokyo. He hadn't decided if he'll stay in Japan or come back to Finland..

I saw a horrible picture of a kitty sitting on a furniture which was just drifting there in the tsunami water. At least it seemed to be fine but makes me wonder how many animals were lost too..

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rockcat

I am having a hard time not thinking about this. So sad and scary and grim.

I don't even know what to think or say anymore. This is horrifying.
I had nightmares last night about all that radiation affecting the world.

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And now there's a new fire in the nuclear plant. This just doesn't seem to end, does it?