Prayers/Vibes for Japan...

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
...and wherever else tsunamis may hit.

A huge 8.9 earthquake hit 150 km/100 mi off the coast of Japan. It was a fairly shallow quake which means a higher risk of tsunami. In fact, we actually watched live video on CNN and Fox from Japanese tv of a 10 m/32 ft tsunami sweeping across northern Japanese farmland, homes, highways, and towns. It was incredible to watch nature's fury and horrifying to watch knowing that far below the chopper footage were real people who weren't able to escape it.

Tsunami warnings have been issued for pretty much everywhere in the Pacific, incluing the Philipines, Australia, and Hawaii. Please be safe everyone who is in the path of the great waves. Godspeed.

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Im just reading this on BBC it looks terrible

My thoughts go out to everyone in Japan and surrounding countries if these tsunamis hit

We have a member or two in Japan I do hope everyone is ok

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It says New Zealand too. And the west coast of US and Hawaii. I know one member lives "across from the beach". Is it catdaddy or whiskys dad?

Horrible pics on tv. Prayers for everyone in this awful thing.

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just turned on the tv and it is the first thing I saw this morning.
So incredibly scary! Sending tons of vibes out, stay safe my friends!

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
THey have just issued a state of emergancy for nuclear power a cooling system is failed at a power plant

Ligaya stay safe

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of my nieces is orginally from Hawaii hopefully she is aware of this and has contacted them.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
My heart goes out to everybody in Japan and to those in the path of the tsunami. Keeping everybody in my thoughts.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The woman who sits next to me at work is not in today. Her son lives in Japan. I pray that he is alright! for everyone affected!

tigganat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes, I heard.
My heart just sank, all the people who must of lost family members.
for Japan.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I saw this. What a horrible disaster. The news was saying that the tsunami waves were higher than some of the developing countries in its path.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just turned on the TV and saw this. How absolutely devastating. I can't even begin to imagine the terror those poor people are going through.

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CatMom2Wires

Anyone heard from Lyra Jean and little Aya?

C
I was; just skimming posts to see who was in Japan. Are they the ones? O O hope they are allright.

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was woken up a bit after 7:30AM by my mom AND my cousin in PA texting me saying 'i hope you're ok with the tsunami.' I was like What?? So I got up and saw the news about the quake. So so scary and sad and just awful!

In Long Beach, CA we just have a tsunami advisory for... about now I guess. Not supposed to be bad unless you're swimming in the ocean. I'm 5 miles away from the beach. Used to live ON the beach, but on the 10th floor.

Oh and I think it is Whisky's Dad who lives in Ventura across from the beach. They've got a higher warning than us I think. But still shouldn't be too bad.

I hope LyraJean and Aya are ok!