Prayers needed for my Patch

aswient

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My Patch is very sick, he has a long history of UTI's, had P/U surgery 4 years ago. A month ago he got cystitis and has had blood in his urine since. He was trying to go all the time, everywhere. I'd find little pools of blood. They can't give him steroids because of his heart. I finally found a place that did laser therapy on cystitis. He had 2 treatments. The last 2 days he can't urinate he tries to urinate everywhere but nothing worked, he also stopped eating and drinking, I brought him through emergency. They took an ultrasound but no stones, and they were able to pass the catheter through with no problem so they sent us home with antibiotics and an anti-inflammatory. Still nothing, went back to the emergency. They took a blood test and an x-ray. x-ray shows liver looks fine and kidneys look fine but the blood work shows very high elevated numbers for liver and kidney. They have to get his levels lower so it won't affect his heart. Please pray for him to come through this, I really would appreciate it. Thanks for reading.

ckovacs

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by aswient

My Patch is very sick, he has a long history of UTI's, had P/U surgery 4 years ago. A month ago he got cystitis and has had blood in his urine since. He was trying to go all the time, everywhere. I'd find little pools of blood. They can't give him steroids because of his heart. I finally found a place that did laser therapy on cystitis. He had 2 treatments. The last 2 days he can't urinate he tries to urinate everywhere but nothing worked, he also stopped eating and drinking, I brought him through emergency. They took an ultrasound but no stones, and they were able to pass the catheter through with no problem so they sent us home with antibiotics and an anti-inflammatory. Still nothing, went back to the emergency. They took a blood test and an x-ray. x-ray shows liver looks fine and kidneys look fine but the blood work shows very high elevated numbers for liver and kidney. They have to get his levels lower so it won't affect his heart. Please pray for him to come through this, I really would appreciate it. Thanks for reading.
I am so sorry to hear. I will definitely keep him in my prayers. God works miracles.

motoko9

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry to see your post. I will be thinking of you and Patch.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

aswient

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much ckovacs, I also believe in Miracles.

Thank you motoko9, I asked the doctor if it was just a coincidence that he was getting the laser treatments now and this happening at the same time, but the doctor said if anything it would have helped, but I had to ask. But I knew before the laser therapy that he was getting worse.

violet

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My heart is breaking for you and Patch. You have my most heartfelt prayers.

I'm guessing that because of the heart your vet can't hospitalize Patch on IV fluids. Would small amounts of sub-q fluids given at home be also bad/dangerous for his heart?

aswient

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Violet

My heart is breaking for you and Patch. You have my most heartfelt prayers.

I'm guessing that because of the heart your vet can't hospitalize Patch on IV fluids. Would small amounts of sub-q fluids given at home be also bad/dangerous for his heart?
Thank you so much for your kindness and Prayers. Patch was admitted into the hospital, he is critical but stable at the moment. You are right he is getting IV Fluids. They think he has a kidney infection, his kidney is a little enlarged. They think its because of the blood from the cystitis that caused an infection, blood clots and sediment is coming out of it now. They are monitoring his heart and lungs. They will do an echo to see if his heart was damaged through this. My poor little sweet Patchie.

Darlili Thank you for your well wishes.

Ann

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will pray for your sweet Patch. I know how you must feel. I have had kitties with urinary issues down through the years.

Keep the faith. There is always hope. And he certainly has your love.

God bless.

aswient

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by farleyv

I will pray for your sweet Patch. I know how you must feel. I have had kitties with urinary issues down through the years.

Keep the faith. There is always hope. And he certainly has your love.

God bless.
Thank you so mch.

aswient

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Patch's kidney and liver levels came down a bit, good sign he's eating and drinking and his urine output is consistant with what he is taking in. They say he has a very bad infection. They are concerned now for his heart, they say because of the fluids needed he could develop heart failure, so they will have a cardiologist in to see him. Please keep the Prayers coming. Thank you.

Ann

petfindergal

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My heart aches for what you're all going through. Please give Patches our love and hugs. We'll be pulling for him. We've had issues with cystitis, too. It's no fun.
Please keep us posted.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ah darn, I am so sorry to see this. That poor kitty. And now he has to have his laser treatments interrupted besides.

All paws crossed for him, prayers being sent out and vibes for you both, you must be out of your mind with worry.

aswient

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Petfindergal

My heart aches for what you're all going through. Please give Patches our love and hugs. We'll be pulling for him. We've had issues with cystitis, too. It's no fun.
Please keep us posted.
Thank you so much for your kind thoughts. Yes, cystitis is very rough on them. I will keep you posted.

aswient

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by otto

Ah darn, I am so sorry to see this. That poor kitty. And now he has to have his laser treatments interrupted besides.

All paws crossed for him, prayers being sent out and vibes for you both, you must be out of your mind with worry.

It is to bad its interrupted but if he gets better we will continue it. Right now I'm told they are bringing in the cardiologist because he has arithmia. His brother is looking all over for him.

Thanks for your prayers and good wishes

aswient

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Patch is doing alright. They did an echocardiagram and parts of his heart is atrophied. They want him to start taking Plavix. They are still giving him some fluids for his kidney infection, so he's looking better then he was yesterday, I'm cautiously optimistic. Its hard to see him all wired up and an elizabethan collar on. He licked my face when they brought him in to see me. I miss him so much. Thank you for all the well wishes and Prayers we really appreciate them.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the update on Patch, I'm so glad you were able to visit him. Ask if you can bring in a t shirt you've slept in, so he can have your smell with him. Not something you expect to get back.

Patch

violet

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You and Patch are and will continue to be in my prayers.

The vet who is treating him is a fantastic, caring vet who is doing an absolutely incredible job to make sure Patch can get through this. What a blessing for you and Patch.