Power Smokeless Grill As Seen On Tv

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My friend has one. I am considering. The infomercial says it comes with interchangeable grill/griddle plates. The Wal Mart one I purchased only has the grill part. I am taking it back because I know I would want the griddle too for pancakes if I like it.

Does anyone here own this appliance? If you do, how do you like it? Pros and Cons.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A lot of those as seen on TV products are reviewed on Youtube. The channel I trust the most is freakin' reviews. He's very thorough and honest. Check to see if he's reviewed it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have already read a lot of reviews. As always some are good and some are not.
The think is an appliance is only going to work as well as the person using it follows the instructions. A lot of people I know never read the book they just go ahead and do it. I had hoped to hear a live experience from one of you. Kohl's has this thing on sale 15% off until Sunday. I am still considering it, but I would have to order online or drive an hour to get it.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had the chance to cook on this grill last night. I borrowed it from my friend. We cooked venison/bacon burgers on it. It did cook as advertised with the grill marks. The fan did suck up the smoke and I was very pleased. It took 15-20 minutes to cook the burgers. Everything was great until I went to clean it up. All of it washed up really good. We turned it over to be sure we were wiping up everything. The cover to the electric fan fell off. I read the manual and saw the fan could be slipped out for easy access to that spot where the fan was. I couldn't believe all the grease that was there and inside the fan. I wiped the area where the fan was and then inspected the fan a bit closer. It was gross. I was concerned that all had happened while I was cooking. I read the manual again and saw that it said the fan couldn't be wet. I took some Q tips and cleaned out the grease that I could get to. When I had cleaned it the best I could, we put it back and discovered the cover would not snap into place like it was supposed to, which is probably why it fell off. We went buy our friend's house to return it after church today. Her husband met us on the back porch. She was in her night clothes and sick with a stomach virus, so he took the fan. I explained everything I could to him. She had never had the fan cover off, didn't know it would come off and so had never cleaned any of it. Based on this experience, the jury is still out as to whether I will buy one. I really like the cooking, but the cleanup was a bit too much. So easy when you throw it all on the charcoal grill compared to this indoor thing.
I am disappointed as it really did cook great food.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
that's great, that you were able to try the smokeless grill out! :agree: it does sound disappointing, the grease, the electric fan cover falling off, and the...involved clean up process after using it.

you're interested in a smokeless, table top grill, but is it something that you might be interested in...one of those 'air fryers'? i don't have experience with them, but have read TCS members posts about them and using them.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am still toying around with the idea of buying this. I discovered that Kohls.com will let you stack up to four discount/promotions. Their price for the grill with the interchangeable griddle is $119 on sale from $139. Stacking discounts I would qualify for free shipping and a price of $93 plus tax. What am I waiting for, right?

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
AbbysMom AbbysMom I don't have a Kohl's charge but thank you for the information.
Kat0121 Kat0121 I have not purchased this yet. With the stacking I could already do I have the maximum they allow of four discounts. Thank you for the offer of Kohl's cash though.
I still have not decided if I want this grill. I have a decent one to use now. I just don't like it as well as this one I tried of my friends. I guess I just can't decide if I like it well enough to invest eighty seven dollars to buy it. If I do, I would probably find one at the thrift store for twenty bucks. :lol:

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We took an hours drive today. I went to Bed Bath and Beyond to look for new chair cushions for our dining room chairs. When I went in I asked if they had any available coupons and the sales person said they didn't get them in the store. I was shopping and had just seen the Power Grill on sale $20 off. The sales person came back and said she had found a coupon somebody didn't use and she gave it to me. It was for 20% off. So guess what. Since this Power Grill was the one that included the griddle plate for pancakes, eggs, bacon, etc. I came home with it. It figures I would never find it anywhere for $80. I found the chair cushions too. I always had the kind that tied on the chairs. These have gripper spots on the bottom of the pads. So yes, spent money yesterday. This morning I have washed all the grill parts and will be making supper on this grill. Expect to hear more. :lol:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine isn’t a smokeless grill but I have had a large electric grill for a couple years. It is a great quick alternative for cooking outdoors and not heating up the house but it really doesn’t leave a grilled taste, more like pan fried.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have had chance to use this grill. It is super great to cook on. I used it for bacon and pancakes. I have grilled processed venison sausage on the grill side. It is almost as good as cooked over the charcoal grill. There is a bit more clean up than with the George Foreman. However, I think the difference in the taste of the food makes it worth the extra trouble. There is a pan that water is added to in the bottom. The moisture keeps the meat from drying out. It is truly smokeless.
I am glad I invested the money. I think it will be a great grill to have when the outside weather is too bad to cook outside.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Coming back to this thread for confirmation. I have not regretted the money I spent to buy this grill. It is absolutely great to use when the weather is too bad to start the outside grill. Very easy to use. I just let the grill parts cool completely, soak them for a few minutes and they clean up nice. I do enjoy it. Sometimes, you buy these appliances and then wish you hadn't, but not the case with this grill.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Coming back to this thread for confirmation. I have not regretted the money I spent to buy this grill. It is absolutely great to use when the weather is too bad to start the outside grill. Very easy to use. I just let the grill parts cool completely, soak them for a few minutes and they clean up nice. I do enjoy it. Sometimes, you buy these appliances and then wish you hadn't, but not the case with this grill.
Nice! I'm glad you like it.