Pouting over food sharing

Mama to the crew

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So I've recently isolated one of my cats Ally do to sickness and im noticing something strange in her behavior.

Ally our little queen bee of the crew we don't usually feed wet food, just a few times a month mainly because miss ally doesn't share and will eat everybody else food even though she gets her own. Since she getting over a URI and im trying to put some weight on her she currently getting extra wet food and is very pleased about it.

However if I give the others wet food she gets upset and refuses to eat hers. It's like if she can't bully them over it she doesn't want hers. I had thought the first time she just didn't like pate and she didn't care about me giving them her left overs. This morning I give her some sherds and everybody else pate she got feed first and was going to town until I started feeding the others then she got mad and stopped eating.

Has anybody else experienced this? I'm wondering if it's part of the hierarchy of the crew Ally clearly the boss with Talia being the same rank but not part of the main colony (Talia more of a loner ). I know dogs have clear alphas but what about cats? I know from watching my crew that the seems to be a ranking

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to sit with one of mine or the two others will run her off and eat her food. Maybe sitting with Ally would help.

The separate feedings seems to be what she wants as well, so keep doing that if it works.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mama to the crew

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have to sit with one of mine or the two others will run her off and eat her food. Maybe sitting with Ally would help.

The separate feedings seems to be what she wants as well, so keep doing that if it works.
Let's be clear Ally is the one who bully's everybody else nobody runs her off unless they want to get best up by Ally. Yeah she does seem to be enjoying the separation some. Her son and husband (joking) are very bonded to her. They don't give her much space Harley a bit better about giving her some then Ace is. Ally a bit of a loner if she can get away with it which isn't often.

I do sit with them when im feeding wet just to make sure everybody gets their share they always have hard available. I've tried to give them their own bowls but that doesn't really work out and they end up sharing anyway it's how they like it.