potty problem

svill2560

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hi everyone

So i’ve recently taken in a friendly stray cat. She’s very calm and sweet and overall a great cat! I began bringing her inside the house with baby steps, bringing her in little by little. And she’s settled in perfectly, she eats well sleeps all the time and seems to be comfortable around family. Only issue is i haven’t seen her use the litter box or do the restroom at all. It’s been a little over 24 hours and i know all the new sudden changes can have an effect of her body but i’m just a little concerned! I’ve indroduced her to the litter box many times trying not to be too pushy and she’s even stepped in herself and moved the litter around on her own but no potty, i keep her in one room for the most part so she can get used to the box. I also took her outside a couple times just in case she wanted to use the restroom outside but no luck.I think she might be constepated but i’m not totally sure. I’m a first time cat mom so any advice will be greatly appreciated!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

svill2560

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Also she’s not a kitten!! i’m not sure how old she is specifically but she looks around a year old.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. Thanks for giving the stray a home. She sounds like she's going to be a lovely pet. :catlove:

Any luck with her using the litter box yet? If not, it's not time to worry excessively yet, as cats recently brought inside will sometimes not use the litter box for a day or more.

If she's never used a litter box before, there are a couple things you can do to let her know that's where she is to go potty.

1. put some unfertilized potting soil on top of the litter.
2. put some leaves on top of the litter
3. try Cat Attract litter - Dr. Elsey’s Cat Attract™ Cat Litter - the litter cats love™

Hopefully next time you post, you'll have gotten a "gift" or two in the litter box. Please update when you can.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
When my cat drank a bowl of water and did not use the litter box I took her to the vet. End up having uti. Does she only eat dry? Long time ago, my cat was given dry while I was on vacation. A week after I came back I took her to a vet. She had a stool stuck in her

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

svill2560

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. Thanks for giving the stray a home. She sounds like she's going to be a lovely pet. :catlove:

Any luck with her using the litter box yet? If not, it's not time to worry excessively yet, as cats recently brought inside will sometimes not use the litter box for a day or more.

If she's never used a litter box before, there are a couple things you can do to let her know that's where she is to go potty.

1. put some unfertilized potting soil on top of the litter.
2. put some leaves on top of the litter
3. try Cat Attract litter - Dr. Elsey’s Cat Attract™ Cat Litter - the litter cats love™

Hopefully next time you post, you'll have gotten a "gift" or two in the litter box. Please update when you can.
Hello!! she is perfectly fine, i guess she just wasn’t used to the place yet but a couple days after she ended up using the litter box and has been ever since! Thank you all for the replies and help!!