Welcome to The Cat Site
your cat community
Interact with our community

Potential 2020 Presidential Candidates

Discussion in 'IMO: In My Opinion' started by donutte, Apr 9, 2018.

1. Stinky15

Stinky15 TCS Member Alpha Cat

Jun 9, 2018
    Yes, thanks to Clintons/Kennedy's.

2. Willowy

Willowy TCS Member Top Cat

Mar 1, 2009
    South Dakota
    Ugh, the Kennedys. I was just reading a thing about Rosemary. I'd hope people like that wouldn't be able to get into public office nowadays but that's probably too optimistic.

3. denice

denice Advisor Staff Member Advisor

Feb 7, 2006
    Columbus OH
    Old Joe Kennedy was a piece of work. At the time that the lobotomy was done on Rosemary it was a mainstream procedure. Hers was botched which made it worse. The reason she ended up with the issues she had was really horrifying. It was a home birth and the doctor couldn't get there. The nurse wouldn't allow the baby to be born for two hours until the doctor could get there, that caused the oxygen deprivation responsible for her issues.

maggiedemi purraised this.

4. Stinky15

Jun 9, 2018
    Teddy Kennedy is the poster boy for the Democrats as is scummy Bill Clinton! JFK too.
    The recent documentary about Chappaquidick (sp) was quite good.....and revealing

5. orange&white

orange&white TCS Member Top Cat

Aug 22, 2008
    Texas
    So back to the topic of 2020 candidates who are alive and running for POTUS.

Skate board boy jumped in. Apparently after much soul-searching and being unsure what he wants to be next time he grows up, he has made a very firm decision that he wants to be the next leader of the greatest country on earth.

We welcome him to the circus and wish him good luck, or perhaps a free root canal.

Beto O'Rourke confirms he is jumping into 2020 presidential race

6. JamesCalifornia

JamesCalifornia TCS Member Top Cat

Apr 1, 2016
    Los Angeles
    ~ I wonder when Paul Ryan will test the waters as a candidate... ?

7. JamesCalifornia

Apr 1, 2016
    Los Angeles
    ~ Trump has been a public figure for over 30 years. He has made a living by calling attention to himself and his somewhat flamboyant lifestyle. Mueller's squad of hit men have dissected his life for 2 years - and the FBI did the same for 6 months prior. His closet door is wide open.

orange&white and maggiedemi purraised this.

8. Stinky15

Jun 9, 2018
    Beto supports santuary cities and tearing border wall down among other nonj starters. Looks like you would see comedy acts on SNL about Beto or AOC but I haven't seen anything about that. What's that tell you?

Apparently the door isn't open wide enough as Dems. have 85+ subpoenas.

9. orange&white

Aug 22, 2008
    Texas
    It's a crowded field!

[​IMG]

10. donutte

donutte Thread Starter Professional cat sitter extraordinaire! Top Cat

Apr 22, 2015
    Northern suburbs of Chicago
    Is it just me, or does William Weld look like Alec Baldwin's portrayal of Trump in that pic??

And I certainly hope folks drop out. This is too many. 14 was too many for the Chicago mayoral race and very few of them dropped unfortunately. 14 was the number that actually went into election, I forget what it was before some dropped. And one who appeared to fake a bunch of signatures of course and after they were discounted, she did not have enough signatures.

11. orange&white

Aug 22, 2008
    Texas
    :crackup: Now that you mention it.

They'll start dropping like flies after the debates start. Probably not all will qualify for the debate stage, which will indicate that they need to quit. Of course we don't know how many more are about to hop in. Biden almost for certain, but maybe more.

These are the DNC debate rules and qualifications for who gets to debate:

The DNC Debate Rules: What You Need to Know - IVN.us

12. donutte

Apr 22, 2015
    Seriously, it's like some weird SNL hybrid of Alec Baldwin portraying Trump, and Phil Hartman portraying Clinton.

Well, I'm kinda glad they put they put those rules in place. I can't imagine alllllll of them debating. It would just be a bunch of people screaming.

13. orange&white

Aug 22, 2008
    Texas
    If (big if) they do end up with 20 "qualified" candidates, they will have to set up 2 debate stages. I don't know how long the debates are planned to run, but they'd need 3 hours for everyone to have less than 10 minutes, not including the debate panels questions. I don't think the viewing audience will sit for 3 hours.

14. orange&white

Aug 22, 2008
    Texas
    Republicans had to do an early debate for the top candidates and less-watched "secondary" debates in 2015. So that was a big hint for people on the "afterthought" schedule. They dropped pretty quickly.

15. donutte

Apr 22, 2015
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking, they'd have to have several hours to do a debate amongst so many candidates.

16. orange&white

Aug 22, 2008
    Texas
    Well. This is just funny! ...

RainnWilson‏Verified account @rainnwilson Mar 13

I have decided to enter the race for the 2020 Democratic Presidential Nomination. So has my friend Gary. Also our cleaning woman, Cheryl. & my uncle Ronnie. & all the guys on my over 40 tennis team. Plus the entire cast of the Office minus Creed.

Stinky15 and maggiedemi purraised this.

17. doomsdave

doomsdave TCS Member Top Cat

Dec 2, 2016
    California
    Psychosurgery was a big thing at the time. I'll bet if we searched the dank, dusty archives, we'd find people all across the spectrum who were embarrassed by retarded or mentally unstable children to try that on them.

Fortunately, a lot has changed, though it was terrible for Rosemary.

People end up retarded for many reasons, even today. The son of a friend of my mother's had a son who was lynched in utero by his umbilical cord, during burth. He's in his 30s today. Dad is literally a rocket scientist. Sad for all.

WAIT . . . . BACK ON TOPIC

There's not going to be 20 candidates forever. Right now, things are still playing out.

I just hope the Dems can get someone compelling, with positive appeal.

18. Willowy

Willowy TCS Member Top Cat

Mar 1, 2009
    South Dakota
    By many accounts, though, she wasn't that bad before the surgery. Perhaps a mild learning disability and maybe some depression (the people she socialized with as a teenager didn't notice anything unusual about her) but nothing extreme. Normal teenage rebellion, some emotional issues one would expect from being in a family like the Kennedys. She just didn't want to toe the line and be a good little wifey. I suppose if someone's kid was severely mentally ill, I wouldn't blame them for trying something extreme that doctors claimed would help. But to do it because your daughter didn't want to be a smiling supportive rich philanderer's Stepford wife. . .well. That's a whole 'nother thing. But also a whole 'nother topic, lol.

Fox News says Bernie will be the nominee because he got the most money. Hmm. I still think Biden is the most likely nominee if he doesn't drop out for some reason.

For a few minutes I got excited thinking Cory Booker is dating B'Elanna from Star Trek: Voyager but his girlfriend is Rosario Dawson not Roxann Dawson. Hmph. I was very entertained by the thought of B'Elanna as First Lady :D.

19. doomsdave

doomsdave TCS Member Top Cat

Dec 2, 2016
    California
    I need to hear more before I get excited about anyone.

20. JamesCalifornia

Apr 1, 2016
    Los Angeles
    ~ I was thinking Phil Hartman doing Bill Clinton ...`[​IMG]

orange&white purraised this.