Post your sleeping beauties!!!

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry. Since you live in te S.E. when I saw the Kangaroos I thought you were in the park. When living in Australia I never met an Australian who didn't speak current English. Aren't ou Australian? Excuse me, I'm as curious as my cat.

beardrinksbeer

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sorry. Since you live in te S.E. when I saw the Kangaroos I thought you were in the park. When living in Australia I never met an Australian who didn't speak current English. Aren't ou Australian? Excuse me, I'm as curious as my cat.
I am just a smarty pants some times, forgive me :jester:
my parents were European but I was born in Steak & Kidney (Sydney); the english teachers just said all the words, but never taught, so I play on it every now & then :jump:

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No harm done. I have enjoyed my chitchat with you and learning some Aussy expressions. I didn't know Sydney was called Steak and Kidney. When living in England I liked their steak and kidney pie. In those days I drank beer more often than now. :beerchug:

beardrinksbeer

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
No harm done. I have enjoyed my chitchat with you and learning some Aussy expressions. I didn't know Sydney was called Steak and Kidney. When living in England I liked their steak and kidney pie. In those days I drank beer more often than now. :beerchug:
in Oz, we do a lot of rhyming slang
I love steak & kidney pie, the ones from Fray Bentos in a tin, I think they are getting smaller
I used to drink more beer in my younger days too, I have to suffer with moonshine nowadays :beerchug:

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
in Oz, we do a lot of rhyming slang
I love steak & kidney pie, the ones from Fray Bentos in a tin, I think they are getting smaller
I used to drink more beer in my younger days too, I have to suffer with moonshine nowadays :beerchug:
I have just realized that you are referring to TINNED steak and kidney pies produced in Fray Bentos here in Uruguay!!! You won't believe this but I had never realized this. The steak and kidney pies I have ever known and tasted were freshly prepared in restaurants in England. That there is a tinned version, be it produced here, sounds to me almost like a sacrilege:ohwell: I will have to find out where it is sold and taste it. Who knows? I may be pleasantly surprised after all.:yummy:

Last edited:

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Neither have I but the multiple eyes in your picture seem unreal. All those kittens look very much in the alert. :evilgrin: What are you showing to them?

Last edited:

beardrinksbeer

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
those pies are cooked in the oven & the best part is the pastry, it is puff pastry that rises & then there is the meat underneath, I just eat the whole thing on my own; they used to be bigger yonks ago, but like all things bought now, the price stays the same but the size shrinks :sniffle:

I was emailed that picture from a friend in India, I suppose they look at anything they like, it depends where you face them (you know that they are toys, except the cat on the left) :sheep:

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm going to try and "discover" where they sell those pies since they are produced here. I'll let you know the results.

Regarding the kittens in the photo it is incredible how they were able to match the colour of the eyes of the real and the toy kittens. Monster and Menace being completely black I thought the cats in your photo were also yours.:bigeyes:

beardrinksbeer

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
you will enjoy the pie :thumbsup: I do

Monster & Menace were called Bonnie & Clyde until I took them to their first visit to the vet & the vet said, " you have no Bonnie's, but you have 2 Clyde's", at least it was a bit cheaper when I had them both fixed :clap:

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No wonder I didn't know about the Steak and Kidney pies produced here in FrayBentos, Uruguay. There aren't any.

There used to be an English meat plant in this country called EL Anglo that exported its products to Europe under the brand "Fray Bentos" which is the name of the town where the plant was situated. That plant closed in 1979 and apparently they have kept the name of the brand "Fray Bentos" for their productions in England.

So, no Steak and Kidney pies for me. :sniffle::sigh:

beardrinksbeer

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Cooee
I had 1 tin left so I took some pics for you :camera: you will have to supply the smell thou
2017.06.05_14h24m43s_002_.jpg 2017.06.05_14h25m07s_003_.jpg 2017.06.05_14h25m28s_004_.jpg 2017.06.05_14h25m51s_005_.jpg 2017.06.05_14h26m15s_006_.jpg 2017.06.05_14h27m04s_008_.jpg
in the last pic, it says Made in Oz, maybe you have to visit again to have a steak & kidney pie :rockout:
or get them from Amazon or eBay

they are not as good as they once were, not enough steak & kidney in them now, but they are still OK
I think Fray Bentos does a "just steak" pie now, that might be better but I have not seen them in my backwater supermarket

I wish the Pomms would steal the bunnies back :bunny: on the other hand, bunny stew is nice :thumbsup: