Post your sleeping beauties!!!

Gaven Kent

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Chef on the left and Miko on the right. They have a love/hate relationship. I can't tell if they like each other or not. This is one of those rare times they fell asleep together.
What a brilliant photo! Although Carter and Hugo with their 14 years age difference are brothers from other mothers, the closest they get to each other is mutual ear washing, smelling and sleeping next to one another with at least a cats width between them. There's a clear hierarchy where the older cat is boss even though Hugo is almost twice as big. It's hilarious to see Carter put the young whippersnapper Hugo in his place with just a sideways look! they have little exhibitions of 'Who's head is highest?' Carter always wins as Hugo defers to the older, wiser cat. Hugo does show Carter total respect and will bow down and roll over in submission while making a chirruping sound that he only makes for Carter. The wonders of cat behaviour! The only time it got out of hand was when both cats overdosed on Dreamies and became wild. That's another reason while the cat version of Crystal Meth is banned in this house!

Gaven Kent

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hehe.......:biggrin:
He is absolutely stunning. If his ears stay that size then you will have the cat version of Yoda. Cats already have Jedi mind control skills. Look how they got the ancient Egyptians to worship them and us writin about them online! Total mind control!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
He is absolutely stunning. If his ears stay that size then you will have the cat version of Yoda. Cats already have Jedi mind control skills. Look how they got the ancient Egyptians to worship them and us writin about them online! Total mind control!
That photo was when he was 5 weeks old. He's already almost 15 months old now and half hour ago, I noticed that his ears are still pretty big

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Twenty-one times
I've watched as the bare trees
Turned green once more.
Twenty-one times
I've seen the Redbuds
And the Cherries and the Magnolias
Put on their coloured cloaks.
Twenty-one times
I've looked out
To see the tulips
And Crocus and Hyacinths
Appear and disappear again.
Twenty-one times.
And sometimes now
I turn my back on them
Just to feel the sunlight against me
While I wake
And drift to sleep again.

peanutsleeping.jpg

Last edited:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a beautiful cat!!!! Is he 21 years old?
Peanut turned twenty less than seven weeks ago, making this his twenty-first Springtime. He's a bit less interested than he once was, but still gets around pretty well, all told. He looks a good deal like your beautiful boy, doesn't he? A bit brassier, perhaps - not as sweetly soft in colouration - but still similar.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is really more for abyeb abyeb (or for anyone else who likes the big breeds, I suppose), since only one of these little kitties is actually asleep. Background: Scottiecat (just under twelve pounds, so not really a TinyCat); foreground: Bob. Bob's almost fully grown now; 110.6cm long and 34pounds, one ounce this morning. He's not really a TinyCat either, I suppose....

bob_scottiecat.jpg

Yes - I know there's cat hair scattered everywhere. I have ten cats; I have no idea where all that cat hair comes from.

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WOW, another beauty! I didn't know a cat could be so big. Is this a Norwegian Forest cat? (I'm translation from Spanish). Is Bob he same race as Peanut? How do you manage to deal with ten cats?

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WOW, another beauty! I didn't know a cat could be so big. Is this a Norwegian Forest cat? (I'm translation from Spanish). Is Bob he same race as Peanut? How do you manage to deal with ten cats?
Yes - Bob's a Norwegian Forest cat, and about as large as NFCs get. I believe the current record for domestics (other than for F¹ Savannahs) is 126 cm, held by a Maine Coon Cat (the heaviest domestic cat I've heard of with his weight confirmed was just short of 47 pounds, although there's a Classic Tabby Siberian in Belarus whose weight is said to be 48 pounds currently):

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/fc/3d/b9/fc3db9e9ab50aef98d067d385f5ad8ec.jpg

so although Bob will never be close to that, he's still an handful. My vet calls him the "Nowregian Disposal."

Peanut is just a beautiful domestic shorthair, like your golden boy.

Edit: dealing with ten cats: it's little more trouble dealing with ten than with five, really. Every one is a joy in his or her own right, and they ask for very little in Life. They're in excellent health all 'round - even the two twenty year-olds - and though my vet's at the house quite often, he hasn't seen fit to intervene at all.

They feed ad libitum, with dry food always available (and they eat so little dry food that a bag seems to last forever), and get canned food three or four times a day as a rule, with what little's left over going into the bowl to feed my foxes back in the woods each evening. If I could teach them to scoop and change their own litter boxes, and to open cans, they'd be absolutely no trouble at all.

Last edited:

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
This is really more for abyeb abyeb (or for anyone else who likes the big breeds, I suppose), since only one of these little kitties is actually asleep. Background: Scottiecat (just under twelve pounds, so not really a TinyCat); foreground: Bob. Bob's almost fully grown now; 110.6cm long and 34pounds, one ounce this morning. He's not really a TinyCat either, I suppose....

View attachment 179921

Yes - I know there's cat hair scattered everywhere. I have ten cats; I have no idea where all that cat hair comes from.

Bob and Scottiecat are certainly handsome fellows! That size difference is quite striking. At 12 lbs, Scottiecat is the same size as Charlie, and non-cat owners who see Charlie always comment, "he's so long! I didn't even know cats got that big!" I'd imagine people are quite awed by Bob! :)

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bob and Scottiecat are certainly handsome fellows! That size difference is quite striking. At 12 lbs, Scottiecat is the same size as Charlie, and non-cat owners who see Charlie always comment, "he's so long! I didn't even know cats got that big!" I'd imagine people are quite awed by Bob! :)
He reminds me a little of Jimmy Stewart's rabbit in the film Harvey, in the scene where Elwood talks about people "bringing things" into bars, and he says, "...and then I introduce them to Harvey, and he's bigger and grander than anything they offer me. And and when they leave, they leave impressed."

He's most impressive when he's eating.

;)

winksmom

Darling in his basket
Young Cat
Purraise
Twenty-one times
I've watched as the bare trees
Turned green once more.
Twenty-one times
I've seen the Redbuds
And the Cherries and the Magnolias