Post Your Outdoors Shots Of Your Cats/dogs/etc.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
donnae donnae - I'd Love to see it! My neighbour actually feeds the local raccoons right on his patio - with the raccoons sitting in the chairs (and on the table too, of course). There are, "et ceteras" too, but here's this year's batch of four little troublemakers:

View attachment 203756

Normal people feed foxes and keep Bobcats in their houses - only crazy people feed raccoons.

;)
:crackup: :lol2: :lolup: :flail:

carebearbaby1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
carebearbaby1 carebearbaby1 - They're both priceless, but your Siberian definitely wants to come live in Olcott Beach. It's clearly what you're being told in the second picture. Honestly.
Lol, she's a big goof ball. I think she'd be happy just about anywhere as long as she had food and a soft bed. That picture a taken on her 10th Gotcha Day last month.

basscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
donnae donnae - No - I've been feeding this Family daily through a third Matriarch now - the 'fox feeding station' is at the edge of the woods, a third of a mile back, across the lawn. If I used a zoom lens, I couldn't give her head scratches after she ate dinner.

;)

Eight Summers ago there was a sarcoptic mange mite explosion here, and thanks to my veterinarian's advice, six of the seven then-resident red foxes survived by dint of his advice - ivermectin doled out in dog food in carefully graded doses. They're really delightful little animals - smart and affectionate, and softer than you'd imagine - and the kits in Spring are absolutely adorable. Of course in a fell Winter like 2015, it's kind of a pain snowblowing back six hundred meters to keep their feeding station open when the temps dip into the -20s F, but what the heck - it's better than sitting in the house listening to the Snowshoe Serenade.

As long as you're not afraid of them, they're no more dangerous than basscat basscat 's sofa-eating Bobcat.
No need to be afraid of a wild fox. If you are very still, they will come up real close to you. A WHOLE lot like a cat. Very curious...or they'll just ignore you and go about their bug hunting.
We have had litte "stand offs" between foxes and our little black cat. They just sit facing each other about 10ft apart, and neither seems to care the other is there. Zero aggression.
However, the tabby decided he should go see what a fox was all about one day. Looked like evasive maneuvers through the woods at 30mph. It was hilarious. But, short lived. Tabby gave up or gave out really quick. LOL

basscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
donnae donnae - I'd Love to see it! My neighbour actually feeds the local raccoons right on his patio - with the raccoons sitting in the chairs (and on the table too, of course). These are, "et ceteras" too, but here's this year's batch of four little troublemakers:

View attachment 203756

Normal people feed foxes and keep Bobcats in their houses - only crazy people feed raccoons.

;)

Edit: about an hour after this post was made, it struck me that, "my neighbour actually feeds the local raccoons," is a little redundant. No one with whom I'm acquainted feeds State raccoons or Federal raccoons or Interplanetary raccoons.
I have two pet housecats. One pet bobcat. A few wild foxes that grace us with their presence several evenings each week. Deer galore. One black bear a year (that we know of). Squirrels, Chipmunks, and and....And a pile of raccoons behind the pond.
There's not much of anything cuter than a toddler raccoon. However.....When they grow up, there's not much of anything more destructive or meaner than a full grown wild raccoon. One or two would be fine, but, they multiply faster than rabbits! LOL

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our foxes are about half that size, gray, and climb trees. :lol:
Conehuskers and nutshuckers. The grey squirrels leave black walnut shells and chestnut husks strewn across the lawn, and the red squirrels sit in the conifers, eating cones like some demented cartoon character eating corn on the cob, then simply depositing the remains at the base of the trees. You're right about raccoons, basscat basscat - as toddlers (and they do actually toddle like Human children) they're positively delightful to watch; as adults, however, they can make a mess of anything they touch, and can be more destructive than any Bobcat - or even Snowshoe cat - ever thought of being - and they actually seem to enjoy destroying things.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I suppose she does look a bit like a Mau.
fiorya fiorya - That's like saying that the Burj Khalifa looks a little like a tall building. If Iris' ear shaping and set didn't give her ancestry away, her almost-gooseberry eye colour would at a glance. She looks like one of Kath Szabo's cats (Nothing But Spots), and if you were in Houston or Austin, I'd almost bet on it, although I know that she recently gave up her Mau Queen to concentrate in other areas. What a beautiful and elegant girl Iris is!

fiorya

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
fiorya fiorya - That's like saying that the Burj Khalifa looks a little like a tall building. If Iris' ear shaping and set didn't give her ancestry away, her almost-gooseberry eye colour would at a glance. She looks like one of Kath Szabo's cats (Nothing But Spots), and if you were in Houston or Austin, I'd almost bet on it, although I know that she recently gave up her Mau Queen to concentrate in other areas. What a beautiful and elegant girl Iris is!
Interesting! I've been trying to figure out her breed for a while. I found her abandoned in a parking lot, so I don't know anything about her parents. But she's extremely playful, lean, loves heights, and is affectionate with and possessive of her toys. (She has a stuffed tiger that she carries around the apartment with her.)

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have two pet housecats. One pet bobcat. A few wild foxes that grace us with their presence several evenings each week. Deer galore. One black bear a year (that we know of). Squirrels, Chipmunks, and and....And a pile of raccoons behind the pond.
There's not much of anything cuter than a toddler raccoon. However.....When they grow up, there's not much of anything more destructive or meaner than a full grown wild raccoon. One or two would be fine, but, they multiply faster than rabbits! LOL
basscat basscat - This really doesn't belong here since there aren't even any "et cetera animals" in the shot, but I knew that you'd appreciate it. In February of 2015, when temperatures began to rise a little after our -20F cold snap, some of the "sleepers" must have awakened to stretch their legs after the brutal temperatures abated and we had a little snowfall. Here's a shot taken just at sunset of raccoon tracks crossing the path near the front of the woods leading down to the river:

raccooncrossing.jpg

That's one of my favourite things about living outside the confines of the city - being able to follow tracks, and to get an idea about the activities of the animals who inhabit the woodlands and riverbank here.

Sorry, all - nothing to see here.

basscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
basscat basscat - This really doesn't belong here since there aren't even any "et cetera animals" in the shot, but I knew that you'd appreciate it. In February of 2015, when temperatures began to rise a little after our -20F cold snap, some of the "sleepers" must have awakened to stretch their legs after the brutal temperatures abated and we had a little snowfall. Here's a shot taken just at sunset of raccoon tracks crossing the path near the front of the woods leading down to the river:

View attachment 203809

That's one of my favourite things about living outside the confines of the city - being able to follow tracks, and to get an idea about the activities of the animals who inhabit the woodlands and riverbank here.

Sorry, all - nothing to see here.
Look at that sky!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

donnae

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
donnae donnae - I'd Love to see it! My neighbour actually feeds the local raccoons right on his patio - with the raccoons sitting in the chairs (and on the table too, of course). These are, "et ceteras" too, but here's this year's batch of four little troublemakers:

View attachment 203756

;)

Edit: about an hour after this post was made, it struck me that, "my neighbour actually feeds the local raccoons," is a little redundant. No one with whom I'm acquainted feeds State raccoons or Federal raccoons or Interplanetary raccoons.
Have had trouble uploading this, so lmk if it doesn't play. Not the best quality and certainly not the closeup that 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine has.