Post Your Outdoors Shots Of Your Cats/dogs/etc.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hope you're using a zoom lens. Or did you put that food by the windowsill?
donnae donnae - No - I've been feeding this Family daily through a third Matriarch now - the 'fox feeding station' is at the edge of the woods, a third of a mile back, across the lawn. If I used a zoom lens, I couldn't give her head scratches after she ate dinner.

;)

Eight Summers ago there was a sarcoptic mange mite explosion here, and thanks to my veterinarian's advice, six of the seven then-resident red foxes survived by dint of his advice - ivermectin doled out in dog food in carefully graded doses. They're really delightful little animals - smart and affectionate, and softer than you'd imagine - and the kits in Spring are absolutely adorable. Of course in a fell Winter like 2015, it's kind of a pain snowblowing back six hundred meters to keep their feeding station open when the temps dip into the -20s F, but what the heck - it's better than sitting in the house listening to the Snowshoe Serenade.

As long as you're not afraid of them, they're no more dangerous than @basscat 's sofa-eating Bobcat.

donnae

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
donnae donnae - No - I've been feeding this Family daily through a third Matriarch now - the 'fox feeding station' is at the edge of the woods, a third of a mile back, across the lawn. If I used a zoom lens, I couldn't give her head scratches after she ate dinner.

;)

Eight Summers ago there was a sarcoptic mange mite explosion here, and thanks to my veterinarian's advice, six of the seven then-resident red foxes survived by dint of his advice - ivermectin doled out in dog food in carefully graded doses. They're really delightful little animals - smart and affectionate, and softer than you'd imagine - and the kits in Spring are absolutely adorable. Of course in a fell Winter like 2015, it's kind of a pain snowblowing back six hundred meters to keep their feeding station open when the temps dip into the -20s F, but what the heck - it's better than sitting in the house listening to the Snowshoe Serenade.

As long as you're not afraid of them, they're no more dangerous than @basscat 's sofa-eating Bobcat.
You're very dedicated.
We've had a few that hang out here, but I've never tried feeding them. They are very cute to watch and they come up to the landscaping around the house. Maybe tomorrow I'll try uploading a video of one that I have. Congrats btw on the 3000 the post. I saw that somewhere recently.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We've had a few that hang out here, but I've never tried feeding them. They are very cute to watch and they come up to the landscaping around the house. Maybe tomorrow I'll try uploading a video of one that I have.
donnae donnae - I'd Love to see it! My neighbour actually feeds the local raccoons right on his patio - with the raccoons sitting in the chairs (and on the table too, of course). These are, "et ceteras" too, but here's this year's batch of four little troublemakers:

oddkitty2.jpg

Normal people feed foxes and keep Bobcats in their houses - only crazy people feed raccoons.

;)

Edit: about an hour after this post was made, it struck me that, "my neighbour actually feeds the local raccoons," is a little redundant. No one with whom I'm acquainted feeds State raccoons or Federal raccoons or Interplanetary raccoons.

Last edited: