Post your Most Circular Cat photo!

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oooo! Oooo! Circle inscribed in a square! I used to know this stuff. The side of the box equals the diameter of the circle, so ½S = the radius. The two dimensional area is πr² and we multiply that by the thickness of the cat to get the volume! How many catnip mousies in a square centimeter? Any help here? Anyone?

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
Oooo! Oooo! Circle inscribed in a square! I used to know this stuff. The side of the box equals the diameter of the circle, so ½S = the radius. The two dimensional area is πr² and we multiply that by the thickness of the cat to get the volume! How many catnip mousies in a square centimeter? Any help here? Anyone?
I'd say one catnip mouse would have a surface area of about 200 cm squared... hmm. Is a mouse more of a cylinder or a rectangular prism... ?

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd say one catnip mouse would have a surface area of about 200 cm squared... hmm. Is a mouse more of a cylinder or a rectangular prism... ?
Merlin77 Merlin77 - The mouse body would seem some sort of irregular polyhedron - a three dimensional analogue to a trapezium, with the head viewed as a separate polyhedron. Hmmm... maybe this would be simpler in four-dimensional space; too bad about that "squaring the circle" thing. Using the area of the hypersurface to find the volume of a - tesseract? Cataract? Mouseract?

Call Sheldon Cooper, quick!

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Actually, I would use the spherical volume formula 4/3πr3 for the cat. Then you could calculate in cubic centimeters the volume of the box and get sphere inscribed in a cube.The number of mousies per square centimeter would be a fraction.

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
Merlin77 Merlin77 - The mouse body would seem some sort of irregular polyhedron - a three dimensional analogue to a trapezium, with the head viewed as a separate polyhedron. Hmmm... maybe this would be simpler in four-dimensional space; too bad about that "squaring the circle" thing. Using the area of the hypersurface to find the volume of a - tesseract? Cataract? Mouseract?

Call Sheldon Cooper, quick!

Haha, I actually happen to be watching the Big Bang Theory right now! :crackup:

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise