Post Your Cats Sun Bathing

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chilling: "Relaxing, not doing anything special, yet content with ourselves" :heartshape: :touched:
Hi dustydiamond, thanks for your reply. Apparently we do not have the same dictionary. Sorry to be a pest. I have been a "word maniac" ever since I worked as a translator for a while MANY MANY years ago. :read:

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 - Thank you for the perfect response to the question re 'chilling in the sun'

golondrina golondrina - Sorry my English dictionary doesn't always translate well for my friends across the pond
Thank you Marts. My English dictionaries are: the "Collins English Dictionary" and the "Longman dictionary of Contemporary English". Also when I lived in England (Wallasey, Cheshire) from 1948 -1958 to get a chill was "to catch a feverish cold".

Marts

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I forget some of the words I use are slang spending most of my life in East London I avoid the cockney rhyming slang but have picked up a lot of the older slang words as regular words, now living in sunny Devon there's a whole lot of new slang words I'm trying not to use so I don't confuse