Post Your Cats On Your Bed

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've lived in England 45 years and never actually heard someone use it. Didn't know the origin either !
You're right, it's rarely used. You may come across it in am old 40/50's English movie with a cockney saying, 'Cor blimey guvnor.'

What's the origin of the phrase 'Cor blimey'? 'Cor blimey' is a euphemism (specifically a minced oath) derived from 'God blind me'. Blimey is first recorded in print in Barrère and Leland's A dictionary of slang, jargon and cant, 1889.

gareth

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You're right, it's rarely used. You may come across it in am old 40/50's English movie with a cockney saying, 'Cor blimey guvnor.'

What's the origin of the phrase 'Cor blimey'? 'Cor blimey' is a euphemism (specifically a minced oath) derived from 'God blind me'. Blimey is first recorded in print in Barrère and Leland's A dictionary of slang, jargon and cant, 1889.
Excellent geeky cultural knowledge, well played.

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
Finally a post for Trin! Our bedcat. He loves bed more than anywhere, especially squished between humans.

Here is enjoying bed AND sun.

He was confused why bed moved to a new house and why it was naked. But he found it so all is good.

And a rare picture of Gohan on bed. He tucked himself in, the scamp. He gets cold and we ended up buying him a heated cat bed. So spoiled.

There are no pictures of Olive in bed as Gohan has not allowed her that far yet. Here is a picture of Gohan pretending he doesn’t like other cats.

Edit: I should never upload photos from my phone apparently, they rotate them to be sideways or upside-down when I check the computer! Ridiculous! I fixed them, sorry!

Last edited:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Finally a post for Trin! Our bedcat. He loves bed more than anywhere, especially squished between humans.

Here is enjoying bed AND sun.

He was confused why bed moved to a new house and why it was naked. But he found it so all is good.

And a rare picture of Gohan on bed. He tucked himself in, the scamp. He gets cold and we ended up buying him a heated cat bed. So spoiled.

There are no pictures of Olive in bed as Gohan has not allowed her that far yet. Here is a picture of Gohan pretending he doesn’t like other cats.

Edit: I should never upload photos from my phone apparently, they rotate them to be sideways or upside-down when I check the computer! Ridiculous! I fixed them, sorry!
KarenKat KarenKat - Holy cow - each photo better than the next - and not a toast crumb in sight!

;)

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Katie your kitten looks very much like my Sombra. A dilute torbie?
Various shades of grey, actually. I'm still trying to figure out if what I thought was white is actually very light grey.

I named her after the ancient Greek personification of the moon due to her coloring. Her shelter name was Slate.