Post Your Bird's Eye View

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The pics in this thread makes me wonder about the seriousness of the recommendations I have read here and there "not to look directly into a cat's eyes because it would be interpreted as an aggression" My experience with both my late Cucumella and Sombra would seem to contradict this assertion. Cucumella would often sit on the ground next to me and stare at me when she wanted attention. I would then return her regard for a while talking to her and would then sit down on the sofa and she would jump on my lap quite contentendly. When Sombra stares at me she seems to be questioning whether she is welcome by my side and when I return her regard and bend down to caress her she will lick my hand. Neither Cucumella or Sombra ever showed any aggressiveness.

Any opiniions?
I think there is a difference when:

-you and the cat know each other. (When arnold is lying beside me we can literally get "lost" in each others eyes....gently looking into them, with an occassional blink.... (not staring intently)

-if your facial expression is relaxed, eyes are not large and wide open, environment is not threatening, cat has an exit, some soothing vocalization helps.

When I look out the window to check on the boys in their fenced yard, arnold will often be laying in the walk and will stare at me with huge round eyes....but its not agression, its "hey i saw you looking at me.....come out here and keep me company!"

rosegold

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Chai: “Wow!!! I love that cat!!! She’s sooooooo cute!!! Let me purr as loudly as possible and make a complete fool of myself while sniffing her feet!!! She’ll LOVE that!!!!!”

Chilli: “Sigh... this is my cross to bear...”

B307FD85-2B50-49FE-9525-6AFC43744FED.jpeg

86F17FEB-4227-4600-8114-D84E6DA61EB5.jpeg

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Precious baby mama africa mama africa

Honeybee last night. Honeybee the Ham is so soft and sweet. Ive been messing with her back feet every night. She used to growl. Now she just looks at me with ears twitching and tail snapping but puts up with it. I need to clip her claws and she won't let me. The other night i got 6 of them done before she woke up to pull the feeties back under her...:lol:

20181212_181223.jpg