Post Your Bird's Eye View

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The pics in this thread makes me wonder about the seriousness of the recommendations I have read here and there "not to look directly into a cat's eyes because it would be interpreted as an aggression" My experience with both my late Cucumella and Sombra would seem to contradict this assertion. Cucumella would often sit on the ground next to me and stare at me when she wanted attention. I would then return her regard for a while talking to her and would then sit down on the sofa and she would jump on my lap quite contentendly. When Sombra stares at me she seems to be questioning whether she is welcome by my side and when I return her regard and bend down to caress her she will lick my hand. Neither Cucumella or Sombra ever showed any aggressiveness.

Any opiniions?

Shikaslate

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Shika plays with this toy when she's getting tired but still wants to play

golondrina golondrina I agree--I don't think staring back means possibly aggravating our kitty friends. I think that in the nonverbal cat world, staring and making eye contact is a form of standard communication. And what they are trying to tell us is what we have to figure out haha

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
The pics in this thread makes me wonder about the seriousness of the recommendations I have read here and there "not to look directly into a cat's eyes because it would be interpreted as an aggression" My experience with both my late Cucumella and Sombra would seem to contradict this assertion. Cucumella would often sit on the ground next to me and stare at me when she wanted attention. I would then return her regard for a while talking to her and would then sit down on the sofa and she would jump on my lap quite contentendly. When Sombra stares at me she seems to be questioning whether she is welcome by my side and when I return her regard and bend down to caress her she will lick my hand. Neither Cucumella or Sombra ever showed any aggressiveness.

Any opiniions?
:hellocomputer: Maybe our furry friends don't mind eye-to-eye contact (Gypsy doesn't mind either) while felines who are unfamiliar with us find a direct stare threatening?:wave3:

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello 1CatOverTheLine. I have seen your post 216 amongst the listed alerts but it is not shown in my mail page. Are you having this problem? I have reported this problem.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello 1CatOverTheLine. I have seen your post 216 amongst the listed alerts but it is not shown in my mail page. Are you having this problem? I have reported this problem.
golondrina golondrina - I have all alerts, email and site notices set to, "never," so I can't help. Sorry. :(

Maybe the Site Help Forum could get things sorted.

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks 1catOverTheLine. I have seen your reply listed with the alerts but it hasn't shown in my mail page. I have reported this problem in the Site Help forum and have flagged the "missing" posts and explained the problem to no avail. I am not the only member reporting this problem. I just wondered if you were one of them. Lucky fellow.

I'm editing this post because since writing it your post has shown in my mail page!!!! Hopefully things are getting fixed.

Last edited: