Post pictures of your precious Blue / Gray / Maltese cats here!

nicolina

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Ooooh, look who's pretty!  
    And doesn't she foof up nicely. What cute little hackles she's got there.  
   That must have been some BIG bird. LoL
Thank you! 
 Haha! probably! There are lots of birds here, some as big as her. :D

So cute!! Big eyes! Is she a korat?
Thanks! 
 I don't know exactly what she is. She's a rescue and was found in the woods with her mom and siblings when she was just a few weeks old.

But considering her looks and especially her personality/quirks I think she is part Russian Blue. :)

clumsilyidiotic

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi @MServant  (sorry for the late response) yes he was lost and injured :( I can only imagine his fear of navigating his way around a parking lot. His tail has completely healed and his limp fixed itself. Poor thing had his first shot last weekend so he was immobilised for a couple of days.He is in his usual literally bouncing off the walls self now

Many thanks as usual for your input. I guess I will just have to wait a few more months :)

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Just look at the pair of them!   Boy-pals: I think these brothers are going to be getting in to a lot of mischief when they're not too busy snuggling up.  
    Doesn't Horatio look tiny here!  I remember Mouse being about that size when I brought him home and I thought he was huge, like fully grown, but I couldn't have been more wrong!  He more than doubled in size, LoL.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
I haven't had a kitten in many years and I prefer large cats anyway. Besides that I like cats with lots of hair so even a relatively small cat will look big. So looking at the pictures of this tiny cat makes me first think that it's too little to be left in the care of a small boy. But then I see the love in the boy's eyes and I know that everything is going to be alright, he will grow up to be a kind man.  

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
.... But then I see the love in the boy's eyes and I know that everything is going to be alright, he will grow up to be a kind man.  
I was thinking along these lines too -  when a cat takes to a young person like this it is a real indication of their spirit. 

@segelkatt   I don't know if you have handled aa Russian Blue?  One of the amazing things about Russian Blue fur is that despite being short it is incredibly dense and because it all sticks up your hand sinks in to it like a feather cushion, quite different to other shorthairs.  I occasionally kid myself that it's Mouse's sticky-up fur that makes him look 'large' and not that he's a tad chubby.   
     The fur does add a good few inches to his appearance!

horatiothecat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just look at the pair of them!   Boy-pals: I think these brothers are going to be getting in to a lot of mischief when they're not too busy snuggling up.  :bigwink:     Doesn't Horatio look tiny here!  I remember Mouse being about that size when I brought him home and I thought he was huge, like fully grown, but I couldn't have been more wrong!  He more than doubled in size, LoL.

Yes, when I brought Horatio home(or should I say Santa brought him home), he was 3 1/2 months old and I thought he was huge for his age nonetheless his father looked three times bigger!!. So he still has a lot of growing ahead.

I haven't had a kitten in many years and I prefer large cats anyway. Besides that I like cats with lots of hair so even a relatively small cat will look big. So looking at the pictures of this tiny cat makes me first think that it's too little to be left in the care of a small boy. But then I see the love in the boy's eyes and I know that everything is going to be alright, he will grow up to be a kind man.  
I on the other hand prefer short haired cats the best, although I woudn't say no to a Birman, Maine Coon or a Nice looking Persian either...:clap:

No worries, my boy is very sweet and loving with his cat and his turtles( he has two red eared sliders), he handles the cat with a lot of care and keeps himself from playing too rough with him, I have explained to him how to treat the cat(I have had cats half my life) and besides he makes his own reading at the web about cats and their needs, they both are also under my supervision and my wife's.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
LoL, I remember the days when I could hold Mouse up like this and his belly would look all nice and neat like Horatio's.....   now he does a fine impersonation of a furry full moon with legs.  

Last edited:

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, Mouse servant, I do know the feeling. My Sascha, although not a cat with papers, he came from a shelter at age 2, had fur like that. He was a rather small cat but looked bigger until shortly before his death when

he lost weight and his sides became sort of concave.

he 

Here he is a few days before he went to the rainbow bridge, still enjoying the California sun on the window sill. RIP, my love, I still get a lump in my throat when I see this picture. 

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
@segelkatt   I love seeing your photographs of Sascha.  Funny, that is how Pal used to lay and look at me, on her side and paws crossed over, when she got older.  She was all skinny and concave too by then.  It made her head look really big but it wasn't really.   I can see from Sascha laying there with the sun shining through his fur how you could loose your fingers in there.  

horatiothecat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes, Mouse servant, I do know the feeling. My Sascha, although not a cat with papers, he came from a shelter at age 2, had fur like that. He was a rather small cat but looked bigger until shortly before his death when
he lost weight and his sides became sort of concave.

he 

Here he is a few days before he went to the rainbow bridge, still enjoying the California sun on the window sill. RIP, my love, I still get a lump in my throat when I see this picture. 

Oh, I'm sorry for your loss it sounds like Feline Anemia, I have lost cats becuse of it with the same symthoms (a beautiful siamese chocolate point and my dearest snow shoes) due to that virus, it wont happen again though Horatio will complete all his vaccination program and he positively won't leave my home, I'll have him neutered so he woudnt go out looking for "cat adventures".

Last edited:

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you, Sascha has been gone for a few years now and he always got his shots. He also never roamed outside but a few times in his own yard with me present, he didn't know what to make out of "grass', it was rather funny watching him examining it and biting it (no fertilizer on this grass, just whatever the Tacoma, WA rain brought down, we relocated back to sunny Calif later on). He was not a young cat anymore when he passed, he was quite elderly and was quite a trooper during the 3-day trip together with the other 3 cats I had at the time (only one is still with me and she is 15.) They always got let loose on leashes at every rest stop to stretch their legs just like I did although they did not like it much, and got to sleep at night in my bed at Motel 6, we brought the litter box in and their food and water, never had any accidents and the motel people were never the wiser. Of course I also made sure that they never had any fleas or ear mites, would not want the next guest to have a problem. My cats travelled in large carriers with their blankies and which had a litter box and water in each one of the carriers. The carriers were strapped down in my SUV with the windows partly open and which was on top of a flat-bed trailer behind the truck with all my stuff. These cats travelled in style. Yes, I did have a dr's certificate for all of them testifying that they were healthy as California is very picky about plants and animals being brought in.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Very interesting travel tale @segelkatt
   Quite a lot of organisation there!

@Horatiothecat    I had to laugh this morning.  Mouse was up on the worktop mooching for snacks and I decided to lift him up in that show judge manner (which he is well used to).  All I can say is - it was rather hard for me to get my hand around his belly to support his hips!  
   That's it, there is no denying the cat is fat:  boy-boy is back on a diet....  

nebula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Valentine Baby Blues :)

Precious, sweet princess Xena. She is getting so big, and she turns a year old April 10th. I plan on a tuna birthday cake for her with a shrimp on top. Also she will be getting some new "Da Bird" attachments. She loves the colorful ribbons one, and it has fallen apart. Also a stuffing less ferret she loves that is on it's last leg of life.

storm winter

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise