Post pics of your Noreaster snow!

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Amazing pictures, I love seeing the snowy pics everyone posts! I love the snow though love to go walking in it

Sorry about your maple tree

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm jealous! I love winter & snow... I can't wait for it to arrive in Minnesota, which will probably be sooner than later LOL!

Pretty pictures, everyone!

meowmmy_aprile

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Your pictures look like a winter wonderland, very pretty.

We had about an inch of snow on the ground this morning. I have 2 new feral babies (look to be about 5-6 months old) I told my husband this was their first snow and I hoped they would be ok. I was so happy to see them show up for breakfast this afternoon. They were a little late but that's ok.

As I looked around at the snow I couldn't help but think it looked so pretty against the still changing leaves on the trees. We don't have a lot of color because of the hurricane late summer but it still made a pretty contrast and something you definately don't see normally around here.

I am hoping this is the last snow for a few weeks I still need to get a winter set up for the new ferals that are coming around. I had one last year for the few we had but I think someone must have trapped them in the spring as I haven't seen any of my old gang in months. I had seen the 2 that are starting to come around during the summer when they were very small. They disappeared for awhile and now are starting to learn that free food is here. Maybe they caught a glimpse of my stray cats welcome here sign

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I must admit too that those pics are beautiful,snow is fine when you can hibernate inside
Please don't send it to us yet.x

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Beautiful pics! I would love to be sitting inside looking out the window at that

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We got a good chunk of snow. I wasnt going outside for pictures..LOL Too cold for me I was inside with the woodstove going and it was blazing hot. Even Franklin wasnt all about going outside he took one look at the snow and turned around and sat at the door. I did get a couple cute pictures inside though.

Snowflakes.

Oops the snowflakes fell down

Its freakin snowing!!! Holy fudge!!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My idea of a "good snow storm:

It starts snowing about 3 p.m. Just a gentle, easy snow, no big buildup, just enough to make the evening commute (or drive to Grandmother's house) more interesting. After 7 p.m., it gets serious, coming down hard but with small, dry flakes, building up to about 24 inches, ending about 8 a.m. The clouds clear off, the sun comes out, and the temperature is in the mid-20's.

It stays that temperature until the morning of January 1, when the weather goes back to 78 degrees and sunny, and all the snow melts by noon, so everyone can get home safely.

Haven't found it yet.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

My idea of a "good snow storm:

It starts snowing about 3 p.m. Just a gentle, easy snow, no big buildup, just enough to make the evening commute (or drive to Grandmother's house) more interesting. After 7 p.m., it gets serious, coming down hard but with small, dry flakes, building up to about 24 inches, ending about 8 a.m. The clouds clear off, the sun comes out, and the temperature is in the mid-20's.

It stays that temperature until the morning of January 1, when the weather goes back to 78 degrees and sunny, and all the snow melts by noon, so everyone can get home safely.

Haven't found it yet.
And once you're home from Grandmother's house, you don't have to drive anywhere until January 2.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, no, stay at Grandma's house the whole week, where she has 3 channels on TV but a closet full of board games and old toys and Little Golden Books. Maybe even a set of Trixie Belden mysteries! And a big woodpile and a Franklin stove.

I haven't found anyplace like this, so, if I ever win the lottery, I'm going to buy a house in Hawaii to live in 50 weeks per year, and a log house in Jackson Hole to live in for two weeks per year: December 18 to January 2.

I see the area where Dottie's mom lives got up to 30 inches of snow. Their power and phones are out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Snow when freshly fallen is always beautiful - TO LOOK AT. BIIIIIIG difference to be in it. :lol3:

This was much worse than Irene! Thank goodness Irene brought so many trees down - I can't imagine what this would have looked like if that didn't preceed this. :eek:

Oh - I haven't moved them off my phone LOL. Back in a bit...

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love this one because you can see a peek of fall colors through the snow

close up:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Otto, those are BEAUTIFUL! And our fall colors are right there in our changing-color tree. :lol3:

OK, here are a few pics of our poor trees! (In this first picture, a tall person can (normally!) walk underneath that branch!)

Baloo wasn't overly happy about it:

We thought these were uprooted, but they weren't:

Last edited:

catbehaviors

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ohhh I hope it snows here soon! Everyone's snow looks awesome, especially Winchesters! :lol3: It's in the forecast... and it's getting colder. Put up the storm windows today, so I'm prepared.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Those pictures are beautiful. I like seeing the colors through the snow....very pretty. Poor Baloo looks like he's already has his fill of the white stuff.

You wouldn't even know we had such a storm here on Saturday. All the snow has melted and we're back to normal....well, whatever passes for normal around here.

I'm more than a little worried, to be honest. We had such a wet spring, summer, and fall with storm after storm coming in and then getting inches upon inches of rain. I'm worried that this trend will continue, only we will have a lot of snow instead of rain. There were times when we had 3-4 inches of rain in only a day or so.....I don't even want to think about that much heavy, wet snow coming down day after day.

We've been talking about getting a generator. I don't think it's a bad idea.