Post pics of your babies that have passed so everyone can see their cute lil faces

jtrevor99

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

(This one is Smokie's last photo - taken 9 hours before she died.)
They say that time heals all scars.  It's been a month since Smokie died, and I now find that I can look at her photos and smile, thinking of the years of good memories she gave me instead of focusing on the end.  It also helps to commiserate with others and to hear their own stories - how their dear friends impacted them as well.

One thing I will never forget about Smokie is that, no matter how tired she was, no matter how much she hurt, and no matter what was going on, she never once felt sorry for herself or failed to take full advantage of every moment God had given her.  She enjoyed life right up till the very second that she had none left.  There's a lesson in there somewhere.

There are a lot of great stories, photos and memorials in this thread.  Thanks to all of you for sharing them.

cbowdidge

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

This is Socks, the other cat we had growing up. My sister got Socks for her eighth birthday back in 1987. He was about eight weeks. In 1997, Socks went missing and we think a wild animal may have caught him napping. There were other cats that year who went missing, probably the same reason. This is is the main reason why Merlin does not go out before sunrise and after sunset. 

Another picture of Patches. Sitting in the sunlight is something she did best. I agree with the previous post about time healing all wounds. I look back at Patches and have nothing but happy memories despite the sad ending. You see here that she was a rather plus-sized.

kibmufxy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

My baby girl Sophie gone over 1 year and missed so much.She had my heart from the moment i saw her. I adopted her when she was anywhere from 5 to 8 so she died when she was 17 or 18 as far as i know. I wish she could have lived forever. She was very affectionate, loving and playful. 

kibmufxy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
All the cats here that have passed away are beautiful. Painful to lose  our babies. RIP to all . 

williecat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

My first cat, Willow, crossed the bridge at 10 years old. We spent many years just the two of us. I learned so much from her and she was my sole comfort through so many hard times. She was diagnosed with CRF in September 2011 and we spent a few emotional months trying all the options. I made the decision to have her PTS after yet another crash on January 19, 2012.

flambardslover

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Last week my beautiful foster kitten Tia passed away. She came to us very malnourished, her previous home was feeding her only chicken broth and cows milk. I found her lifeless on the floor and rushed her to the vet, they told me nothing could be done for our tiny girl. We had to send her over the bridge. The necropsy results came back saying that she suffered a heart attack, her heart was calcified and that was part of the reason she would not grow despite eating correctly in our home. Even though she was a foster kitten, I loved her as my own. All of our foster animals are loved just as our own animals! And now she is my forever furbaby. <3

Last edited:

ai-delphi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have lots of cats who are great, and have crossed the Rainbow Bridge. Here are a few of the ones that I remember the most. <3 I'd add the pictures as... y'know, pictures and not links, but Flickr's a jerk and they're the only place I can get good pictures of them! (Dad took them all.)

https://flic.kr/p/5dW3W This is Deacon Blue, one of our Cornish Rex siblings. He was a huge sweetheart! Some people asked if he was a cat or a weird-looking dog, because he'd run up to the door to meet everybody!

https://flic.kr/p/55sCR Deacon's sister, Aja. She's blind in one eye (the blue one), and we got her free along with her brother. She was actually kind of isolated, not a people-cat, and preferred to hang out with my mom more than anybody else. She did play jokes on people, though. They were both great fun! (ps, she's a celebrity. She's starred on the Wikipedia cornish rex page!)

https://flic.kr/p/5BhcH The two of them together.

https://flic.kr/p/6LxqB

https://flic.kr/p/6Lxq1 and here's Oscar. Our neighbor found a litter of kittens outside (she claimed they were 'abandoned', but I don't believe that... the mother was most likely out hunting). We took him in, and he was just the cutest thing. I don't remember what he died of, but the poor kit didn't last long, even though we bottle fed him and took him to the vet. I know he had a pretty bad eye infection that the vet's meds and our cleaning didn't help very much... (Deacon would act as an uncle to him. It was very cute to see them chilling out together: https://flic.kr/p/619et )

Last edited by a moderator:

angels4mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Last week my beautiful foster kitten Tia passed away. She came to us very malnourished, her previous home was feeding her only chicken broth and cows milk. I found her lifeless on the floor and rushed her to the vet, they told me nothing could be done for our tiny girl. We had to send her over the bridge. The necropsy results came back saying that she suffered a heart attack, her heart was calcified and that was part of the reason she would not grow despite eating correctly in our home. Even though she was a foster kitten, I loved her as my own. All of our foster animals are loved just as our own animals! And now she is my forever furbaby.

Last edited:

kibmufxy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Len is a beauty. I love black & white cats. My baby girl Sophie who passed last year was the same color. 

glittercat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
This is a lovely idea,.

This is one of our Bengal cats, Wildeside Fireblade, passed away 14th August 2014 after being diagnosed with cancer early in July - probably a lymphoma.  He was 10 years old.   We had him from about 12 months old; he was a former stud cat but he hated being out in the tom cat runs and so the breeders decided it would be better for him to go to a pet home.  

He liked to play fetch with toy mice and fish and would get 2/3 in his mouth and then growl madly at them, especially if he dropped one onto the floor!  He loved high places and used to jump from the floor up on top of doors, and tight-rope along them.  In the morning he would come sit on the top of the toilet seat while I cleaned my teeth, and have his chin rubbed.  He wasn't a really cuddly cat and hated being picked up, but on his own terms he would come and perch happily on your lap and purr away.  If I was sitting on the sofa using the laptop, he'd come and tuck himself in next to me and just be there, happy and warm.

In his last six weeks he seemed happy and the treatment seemed to be working, but in his last week we knew that it was coming to the end and that we would likely not bring him home from the vet at his next appointment.  But he chose his own time and when I returned from work on Thursday I found him in the hall, near the front door; he had gone while we were away at work.

RIP Bladey-cat, gone but never forgotten.  xxxxx

2004 - 2014

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is such a good idea!

This is Midnight who went to the Rainbow Bridge in August 2001 at age 14.

And this is Snowball who passed September 2008 at age 17.

After we lost Midnight Snowball grieved for her for probably two months.  I have the ashes of both cats sitting in on top of my computer desk along with a picture of them together.

We also lost a couple of other cats who were with us for only a short time but unfortunately I don't have pictures of them to share.

Last edited:

wasabipea

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This is such a good idea!

This is Midnight who went to the Rainbow Bridge in August 2001 at age 14.

And this is Snowball who passed September 2008 at age 17.

After we lost Midnight Snowball grieved for her for probably two months.  I have the ashes of both cats sitting in on top of my computer desk along with a picture of them together.

We also lost a couple of other cats who were with us for only a short time but unfortunately I don't have pictures of them to share.
This thread is a great idea, so many beautiful kitties no longer with us, tho. It does make my heart hurt.
Lorie D - My girlkitty just lost her brother of 18 yrs in May, and is just coming out of the grief now in August. The intensity of her sadness, and me being helpless to do anything... it was so horrible, as I'm sure you know. :rbheart:
The ashes together along with a pic of them together is a great idea, I'd like to do that too.

gareth

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This was my little baby girl Eva. 14 months later I still miss her with all my heart and think of her every day. I would not be here without her. In the darkest moment of my life she refused to let me go. I'm so grateful Eva, and I'm so sorry I didn't protect you. You were my once in a lifetime cat and I will always love you. This photo was taken on the day I got her. Work had come to an abrupt end for the day.

Last edited: