Post pics of your babies that have passed so everyone can see their cute lil faces

jtrevor99

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is Smokie, my companion of over 20 years.  Sadly, I lost her earlier today after her kidneys completely failed; happily, until the last 12 hours or so she was quite happy, enjoying her tummy rubs, treats and canned food, etc. as always.  Unlike many cats, she didn't seek out a hiding spot when the time came; instead, she told me by letting out a raspy "meow" any time I got up to do anything.  She spent her last few hours in my lap, on top of her favorite blanket, while I petted her in her favorite spots and spoke lovingly to her.  I am very much still in two of the stages of grief - disbelief and sadness - but I take solace knowing that she wanted me there when the time came, that I was able to reassure her, and that I was able to give her an entire lifetime of happy memories (and vice versa).

(This one is Smokie's last photo - taken 9 hours before she died.)

Last edited:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

(This one is Smokie's last photo - taken 9 hours before she died.)
What a great girl. 
  First thing I noticed was the little freckle on Smokie's nose as my snowleopard had one too. <3    What a treasure to spend so many years together, I have been that lucky too, and your photographs remind me so much of my girls, including your last picture as I have one of each of my girls.  Smokie will be wrapped around your heart for ever, may her photographs bring happiness and smiles more than sadness as time moves on.      

jaimie duncan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Oh, I wasn't going to cry today... but I found one of his whiskers and a tablet he must have secretly spit out  hiding under the sofa cushion this morning... this is my darling boy Watson, as a kitten, trying to convince me that the dirt on his paws certainly didn't come from that houseplant, and as a five year old cat, a few months before we had to let him go. A rescue kitten, he was diagnosed with severe IMHA at 12 months and with CRF at 18 months. We gave everything we could to give him a good life until January this year when the meds stopped working and he got an infected abcess in his mouth that stopped him eating. My heart breaks every day from missing him. Losing a beloved soul-friend in animal shape is something that people who haven't experienced it can't understand, and people who have don't need to explain. 

alainasmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Oh, I wasn't going to cry today... but I found one of his whiskers and a tablet he must have secretly spit out  hiding under the sofa cushion this morning... this is my darling boy Watson, as a kitten, trying to convince me that the dirt on his paws certainly didn't come from that houseplant, and as a five year old cat, a few months before we had to let him go. A rescue kitten, he was diagnosed with severe IMHA at 12 months and with CRF at 18 months. We gave everything we could to give him a good life until January this year when the meds stopped working and he got an infected abcess in his mouth that stopped him eating. My heart breaks every day from missing him. Losing a beloved soul-friend in animal shape is something that people who haven't experienced it can't understand, and people who have don't need to explain.
I'm so sorry. 
 He looked like a beautiful and sweet boy - CRF takes our loved ones much too quickly. Your last statement was so true. 
 I'm sure he will stay in your heart forever.

angels4mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He is SO adorable. I'm so sorry for your loss and pain. I lost my Cocoa at 1 in January of kidney failure. It eats me up inside every day.

catmomma627

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

This isn't a great pic, but this was my first cat, Lady. My Aunt adopted her, but her son was way to rough with her so I was given her on my 6th birthday! She was the perfect cat and so loving. As much as I have loved my cats since her, there will never be another lady. She's pictured here with my grandpa, who has passed on as well. Miss them both so much!

cbowdidge

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Sotches, 2006-2014. He was my sister's cat. The CEO and dominant cat between him and my cat, Merlin. He was friendly, and affectionate, bossy and talkative at the same time. He was put to sleep Thursday morning after very suddenly being in severe distress, he was gasping and panting and couldn't use his hind legs. I suspect it was a saddle thrombosis and CHF. He was fading away and was suffering, so we sent him to the Rainbow Bridge. He was seven.

Patches, circa 1985 - 1999.  We found Patches lost and starving in 1989, we thought she was pregnant but we took her in. Turned out, she was spayed and was just large. In the spring of 1999, she started limping so we could her checked out and the vet said she had bone cancer, and it had started to spread the other leg. She was OK for much of the summer, but that fall, she could barely walk and was hardly eating, and Patches was a cat who LOVED her food. We had her put to sleep. I don't now her exact age but I'd guess she was around fourteen when she crossed the rainbow bridge. She was the sweetest cat ever.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Sotches, 2006-2014. He was my sister's cat. The CEO and dominant cat between him and my cat, Merlin. He was friendly, and affectionate, bossy and talkative at the same time. He was put to sleep Thursday morning after very suddenly being in severe distress, he was gasping and panting and couldn't use his hind legs. I suspect it was a saddle thrombosis and CHF. He was fading away and was suffering, so we sent him to the Rainbow Bridge. He was seven.

Patches, circa 1985 - 1999.  We found Patches lost and starving in 1989, we thought she was pregnant but we took her in. Turned out, she was spayed and was just large. In the spring of 1999, she started limping so we could her checked out and the vet said she had bone cancer, and it had started to spread the other leg. She was OK for much of the summer, but that fall, she could barely walk and was hardly eating, and Patches was a cat who LOVED her food. We had her put to sleep. I don't now her exact age but I'd guess she was around fourteen when she crossed the rainbow bridge. She was the sweetest cat ever.
Sotches and Patches look so soft and sweet in their pictures;
 lovely tribute for them both. 

cbowdidge

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They were both wonderful cats. Patches was so placid, my sister and I dressed her up in doll clothes when we were little and she'd purr. She came from a good home, whoever she lived with before she got lost must have missed her. I wish I knew who they were so I could tell them what happened to their beloved cat. We think she came from out of town and hopped into a car and got lost that way.

Sotches was the most intelligent cat I've ever known, he understood everything that was said to him. He knew who sat where and did NOT like anything out of place and hated sneezing. He was friendly with everyone but my sister (his mommy) was his special favourite, sometimes he'd purr so loud he'd squeak. He also got along well with other cats. 

Grey is beautiful, cats grab our hearts and never let go. I stll miss Patches and I'll always miss Sotches.