Post pics of calicos, tortieshells and orange cats here!

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My first girl Felicity who sadly had 3 bouts of cancer and lost :( We had her from 2004 - 2018. She was an amazing girl. Begged
my parents to adopt a kitty and they finally agreed. After many months of searching found her on the spca website at 9-10 months old.
I showed my mom and she said she was pretty but left at that. A few days later she was off the website and she said she didn't want any other cats but her. A week and a half later she was back up and we went to go and get her. She was suppossed to be my cat, but was so my mom's cat. Sadly, in the end, she was afraid of me because I had to give her the icky chemo meds, broke my heart. But we got 7 months longer with her and will always cherish our first baby girl.
20141013_150322.jpg
20180606_132428.jpg
20180418_172113(0).jpg
20141013_150337 (1).jpg

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was fostering a mom cat and her kittens who all but two kittens were adopted. Then a volunteer at the rescue told me that the barn owner who I foster failed my first two cats from, saved another set of kittens (neighbour does not fix his cats). As soon as I saw her picture, I knew I had to have her in our lives. My boy's mom and her mom look alike and it's possible their mom is her mom to as that mom had quite a few sets of kittens before being spayed. She's 4 months old and so unique colouring, it's exciting to see what she will grow into. She's also a massive 5.7lbs at 4 months old. She's both very dark and very light. And she is a very affectionate little lap kitten.
ceriah5weeksold.jpg
<.. the pic I fell in love with, a fluffy torbie female like our first cat but different to. She has an orange blaze and nose which is quite cool, but it looks brown in some lights.
2020-02-13 12.32.27.jpg
2020-02-13 12.36.27.jpg
2020-02-12 15.00.49.jpg
2020-02-12 14.58.24.jpg
2020-02-10 13.21.10.jpg

2020-02-12 15.03.26.jpg
2020-02-12 15.06.12.jpg

^ her coat in different lightings and sides

CatGuyAZ

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is Dakota, my new kitty! She's 10 months old and I've had her for a bit over two weeks now. She was born in the shelter, and all of her siblings and even her mom were adopted, but somehow this angel was overlooked for this long. She was shy, so that may be part of it. She's come out of her shell and is a lovely and sweet cat!

I hope these images are not too big. I am new here, and I just checked the rules for any mention of how large they should be, but I didn't find anything, and I like detailed images, so I am thinking others will too.
IMG_2697a.jpg
I wish the first one was better centered, but she moves so fast that it's hard to get it lined up! She wasn't resting there long... she was playing, and I managed to get her in a brief moment of being still.

The second one was taken the day I adopted her, and she was still pretty frightened. She's much better now!

Petfinder.com had her as a torbie, but she has enough white to where I would think she's a calico tabby... but I have seen other cats in this thread that were called torbies who had about as much white! What does everyone think?

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
she is stunning! she would be a torbie with white yes, she has a ton of tabby and orange in her

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She has a torbie pattern, instead of a calico look. I agree with cataholic07 cataholic07 and would call her a torbie. Dakota is surely a beauty. :redheartpump:

This is my big guy, Leonid the magnificent. (He is looking over my shoulder, I had to type that.) ;)

View attachment 322500
It looks like he's got a bedpan. I'm sure that's probably a food dish, but it is in a rather unfortunate spot in that picture.

CatGuyAZ

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
she is stunning! she would be a torbie with white yes, she has a ton of tabby and orange in her
That's what I was thinking, but I also saw several references that said "calico, also known as tortoiseshell + white," so my thinking was:

torbie + white expands to
tortoiseshell + tabby + white, which is the same as
tortoiseshell + white + tabby, which also means
calico + tabby.

She's definitely not a classic calico, but calico tabby seemed to fit, which was why I wanted opinions. What I really am interested in is having the language to immediately convey what she looks like, like on that form at the vet that wants me to fill in the cat's color. I want to be able to put something down that will allow them to look at her and know she is the cat described on the form, if they should have to! It looks like torbie + white accomplishes that, so I'll go with that.