Post pics of calicos, tortieshells and orange cats here!

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She and I have some history. When we found Figgy as a kitten, we didn't know where she came from until she and Mama Kitty started calling out to each other in the middle of the night. Mama on the front porch and Figgy in the front bedroom. It was awful and heartbreaking. Mama disappeared for a time, then four months later I found Peko and Bootsy and brought them in. Mama Kitty then spent 3 days waiting at the spot where I found them hoping they would return. Again, it was heartbreaking to see. It was then that I was able to trap her and have her spayed. After all that she has a huge place in my heart. I would do anything for her. It took two years after that before we were able to make friends. Now she will attack any cat who comes near me. She's very possessive. :biggrin:
A tempermental tortie with no upbringing. :redheartpump:
Heartbreaking and heartwarming at the same time...
Great to have such a loyal feline bodyguard !!!

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It takes Julie about 48 hours to completely get over it, too. I know it takes me a day or two to get over anesthesia. I guess we aren't much different than our furkids.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Chilli has become super affectionate these days. And also a little bit chunkier since I’ve been leaving kitten kibbles out for Clove. But still adorable!
View attachment 279778
Chilli has an exquisite face. Her large, wide set eyes and gorgeous coloration are so striking. It wouldn’t surprise me if she’s becoming more affectionate in response to your loss. Sweet girl is helping you with your grief.

rosegold

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Chilli has an exquisite face. Her large, wide set eyes and gorgeous coloration are so striking. It wouldn’t surprise me if she’s becoming more affectionate in response to your loss. Sweet girl is helping you with your grief.
Yes, I think so. Even though she isn’t the sharpest tool in the shed sometimes, :) she is very in tune with when I’m upset and lays on my chest purring. She’s such a wonderful girl.
074C1D64-4BD3-44D9-830A-C59515CA2FDC.jpeg

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Yes, I think so. Even though she isn’t the sharpest tool in the shed sometimes, :) she is very in tune with when I’m upset and lays on my chest purring. She’s such a wonderful girl.
View attachment 279888
Years ago I had a cat named Brandy. At best, she was a 40 watt bulb. Nevertheless, she cast a warm and lovely glow in my life. :redheartpump: