Post pics of calicos, tortieshells and orange cats here!

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I would love to take her home ... I just need to arrange a few things first, among them, catproofing!. Do cats recognize you by sight, voice or smell?. I'm asking because she was immediately receptive this second time around.
I think it's a combo of the three. My cat comes when called, comes running when he sees me, and loves sniffing me after I come home after being gone for a while.

If you need cat proofing advice, I'm sure you could start a thread about that, and get lots of great tips!

ganesha0

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the tip. I will start a thread. One of the things I must arrange is buying a comfy bed, so she could just lay there, doing just what Freddy Mercury sang about, "lazing on a Sunday afternoon", after lots of petting :)

ganesha0

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
IMG_0679.JPG
Today I realized there are three torties at the shelter. I already posted pictures of Sage, who's the senior tortie (8 years old). This is 7 year old Storm.

dalpaengi

A cat snail enthusiast
Young Cat
Purraise
On Thursday, I adopted a Manx kitty and here she is.
1.jpeg

This is the lady that works at the shelter holding her for her petfinder profile picture. I'm so anxious to show her off that I couldn't wait to take a proper picture of my own, haha sorry guys. I'm picking her up on Monday. She's both calico and tortioseshell patterned. I didn't even know that was possible. Btw, this is my first time being owned by a cat. I've previously been owned by ferrets and guinea pigs.

kittypa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On Thursday, I adopted a Manx kitty and here she is.View attachment 180439

This is the lady that works at the shelter holding her for her petfinder profile picture. I'm so anxious to show her off that I couldn't wait to take a proper picture of my own, haha sorry guys. I'm picking her up on Monday. She's both calico and tortioseshell patterned. I didn't even know that was possible. Btw, this is my first time being owned by a cat. I've previously been owned by ferrets and guinea pigs.
What a beauty ! :loveeyes:

dalpaengi

A cat snail enthusiast
Young Cat
Purraise
We've settled in now and I think she really likes me. She falls asleep on me pretty often.

But like kashmir64 kashmir64 said, the 'tortitude' is legit. Sometimes she grabs my foot as I walk by and attempts to bite me. I wonder whats up. I will try to discourage her from biting somehow.

I give off new cat mom vibes, don't I?! :lol:

KakaoTalk_Photo_2017-05-25-11-01-02_33.jpeg

Last edited: