Post pics of calicos, tortieshells and orange cats here!

Morgana’s Human

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Minutes before disaster… apparently, we did not completely break the TV jumping habit… 😂 she mastered the “i’m being good mum!”

(in all seriousness, you can tell she’s my cat, will happily watch genshin impact and is adoring one piece, we started the anime together. she’s also meowing at certain OP’s and characters now from some of my favourite shows….)
30CA420C-A1F8-472A-BEDD-1268ED468038.jpeg

KittyCat_chitchat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My new girl Luna. Just turned 6 months old and keeping me busy for sure 😄
Welcome to the Tortie Side. Yes, you WILL be kept busy! 🤣 Luna is a cutie pie! You are so lucky to have her.

This is now Cleo's favourite den. No bought cat den can compare. After all, as we all, know, "If I fits, I sits."

20231104_134428841_edit.jpg

Morgana’s Human

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Welcome to the Tortie Side. Yes, you WILL be kept busy! 🤣 Luna is a cutie pie! You are so lucky to have her.

This is now Cleo's favourite den. No bought cat den can compare. After all, as we all, know, "If I fits, I sits."

Bonus points if that contained something for her and she appreciates that box more than the item! 😂 What a cutie! “I’m watching you!”

Morgana’s Human

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So I bought an on the floor TV stand as I’m not able to mount it onto the wall… and weighed the tv stand down with some on the floor shelving I was using as a make-shift stand. Safe to say, she’s really not happy I’ve ruined her fun! She can get up there, but the stand can turn / I’m not reacting in any way as I am very confident that it’ll stay in place. She’s now very mad 😂
62E386A8-5D50-409C-B49F-80ED4ABA2B2E.jpeg

LivnDedCatLady

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
IMG_0146.jpeg
IMG_0150.jpeg
IMG_0115.jpeg
IMG_0122.jpeg

IMG_8447.jpeg

1703370710621.png

The top kittens are the newest tortie and orange kitties with their sibling. They are too young to be homed right now but will be beginning the process soon. I have a mama cat who will nurse orphaned kittens and they were found by a local cat rescue and brought to Nisha my mama cat who’s still nursing them. Then below them is my cat Haven the tortie and my precious boy Sir Henrik who sadly is presumed stolen. We still have hope to find him though I feel in my heart he’s still of this world and close probably closer than I know. He followed my older sons to their friends house nearby and unfortunately my son let him walk with them instead of returning him home. This was shortly after we had moved into our new house and were still renovating the cats kept finding tiny nooks they could use to get outdoors and since we got many of them as strays not all are used to remaining completely indoors yet. We have since located all little escapes they were using, at least we believe we have since they’ve yet to escape since. I wish it had been done just a little sooner. I was at work so I wasn’t there to do anything about it at the time and the high school lets out earlier so there’s time for them to go home then head to their friends before I get there. I’m not giving up though I’ve got his pic posted everywhere offering a reward.

the baby tortie is a secret calico since she’s got a white spot on her belly covers the softest part of the belly so I think by technicality that makes her calico?

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My condolences, Morgana’s Human Morgana’s Human . Losses of our loved ones are always so difficult.
On another level, though, no one has ever gotten close to my TV except walking in front of it on the IKEA table it's on, and no one has ever interfered with this monitor in the office except...you get one guess...yes, the furmily tortoiseshell, our beloved angel Tarifa.
IMG_0836.JPG

L LivnDedCatLady That is a gorgeous clowder of kittens you have there. Thanks for caring for them, and sharing them with us. Not sure about the "tort vs. calico" thing. As you can see, Tar had a while tail tip, so I wondered about that; but someone unequivocally labelled her a tort, and that was always good enough for me.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
the baby tortie is a secret calico since she’s got a white spot on her belly covers the softest part of the belly so I think by technicality that makes her calico?
Nope, tortoiseshell and white! Calico has more distinct colour patches on white, I think, where the torties have their colours more mixed.

Latest Phoebe pic. She's got a new perch for supurrvising and one of my cushions for when she needs to rest.

B4FD3ECC-425C-4483-AFE3-0827FC765AE9.jpeg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope, tortoiseshell and white! Calico has more distinct colour patches on white, I think, where the torties have their colours more mixed.

Latest Phoebe pic. She's got a new perch for supurrvising and one of my cushions for when she needs to rest.

View attachment 466280
Phoebe, of course, is a dilute tort.
And then there are the calabies (not related to wallabies:crackup:) and tabicos (nope, no sauce is named after them, although some of them may be spicy and saucy!). Our beloved angel Maryam, called a calico by some, may have been a calaby, or a tabico. Or even, yes! a calico. Whatever the case, she certainly was colorful, both in coat and in PURRsonality.
IMG_1357.JPG

*Maryam angel was also a champion splooter.*:flail:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise

Latest Phoebe pic. She's got a new perch for supurrvising and one of my cushions for when she needs to
What would you call my Lola? She definitely tabby and torti over her back and sides but also has these solid white an orange patches.

IMG_0074.jpeg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What would you call my Lola? She definitely tabby and torti over her back and sides but also has these solid white an orange patches.

View attachment 466286
Awwww! Lola is a beauty, to begin...and she and angel Maryam share the same coat patterns/characteristics/colors! So while I never settled on "what exactly" Maryam was, Lola would seem to be in the same CATegory, don't you think?:loveeyes:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lola is lovely indeed, catloverfromwayback catloverfromwayback ! The nuances and fine points escape me when it comes to deciding which CATegory these colorful girls (and they are almost always female) fall into, but one thing for sure: I love and admire them all!
Our beloved Corrie angel wasn't with us for long, but she was loved every second.
IMG_1696.JPG
IMG_1697.JPG
IMG_1704.JPG
IMG_1707.JPG

...and then there was the mystery of her lineage. Her facial shape and features are reminiscent of some (true, traditional) Persian genealogy, PURRhaps.