Post Neutering: he is nuts 🥜 !

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
One of my girls was a high, high energy cat and her zoomies were epic. She did not stop at walls and her favorite up high place to go was the top of doors. She could make the leap to these narrow perches from just about anywhere and never hurt herself going up or getting down. As previously posted cats are very aware of their abilities. How they can get hurt however is by knocking things over when they make a big leap. So you might want to find a way to anchor his cat tree to the wall or floor.

Aafia Ijaz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I actually love the zoomies, especially since my cats are older. They are great opportunities for them to get some exercise. So I take advantage of these moments by bringing out their favorite toys that they like to chase. They'll usually run around chasing their toys for a good 15 minutes and end up exhausted after.

Aafia Ijaz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I actually love the zoomies, especially since my cats are older. They are great opportunities for them to get some exercise. So I take advantage of these moments by bringing out their favorite toys that they like to chase. They'll usually run around chasing their toys for a good 15 minutes and end up exhausted after.
ARE YOUR CAS SPAYED?

Aafia Ijaz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
ARE YOUR CATS SPAYED?

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
So are they still the same active/playful cats as they were before?
Yes they are. Willow is 11, Lola is 9. Unneutered female cats are almost always in heat and miserable unless they get out and mate. Without having that or pregnancy and babies to deal with they can enjoy their lives, relax and play.

Aafia Ijaz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Is their weight normal? I've heard spayed cats can get overweight

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Any cat, spayed or not can get overweight, especially if they arent getting high quality protein rich foods. Mine are both normal weights.