Post Lion cut/my 4.5 year old still not the same

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

merlinsmom

Mom to Moose, Squirrel, Dougie, Betty and Ferals
Adult Cat
Purraise
What a little sweetie!

Glad you got him in to the vet; UTIs can be a real bear if they aren't caught early. And a cat not eating is always a cause for concern.

Margret
Thanks. I'm super cautious about urinary anything. My Merlin (bless his soul) had them a lot and ended up almost completely blocked with crystals. So I'm super paranoid about it. Kudos goes to my hubby though who saw him straining this morning, or I would never have suspected that. His temp was 103.8, so pretty high.

merlinsmom

Adult Cat
Purraise
He isn't eating as well tonight but he did eat today. I know I am supposed to give him the appetite stimulant once a day I think? I know it will take a bit for him to feel better. He is a little more interactive though than he was.

merlinsmom

Adult Cat
Purraise
Just a follow up on Moose. He is improving but each evening he seems worse again. I know that when I have a sickness and fever it goes up at night and I feel worse. He is eating more and more active during the day, even meowing at me for things he wants But he is definitely still sick. How long till he is more himself? I know what Dr google says but thoughts?

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Just a follow up on Moose. He is improving but each evening he seems worse again. I know that when I have a sickness and fever it goes up at night and I feel worse. He is eating more and more active during the day, even meowing at me for things he wants But he is definitely still sick. How long till he is more himself? I know what Dr google says but thoughts?
I'm not sure. :( Did you tell your vet what's going on?

merlinsmom

Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure. :( Did you tell your vet what's going on?
Well when the vet called he was being alert and eating. So he wasn’t acting dumpy like he is now. I’m taking two kittens to get fixed tomorrow so I will ask them

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Well when the vet called he was being alert and eating. So he wasn’t acting dumpy like he is now. I’m taking two kittens to get fixed tomorrow so I will ask them
Good luck, we'll be curious to hear what the vet said about Moose. Sending special thoughts and healing vibes he perks up. :vibes:

merlinsmom

Adult Cat
Purraise
He was ok today so I didn’t say anything. He just sleeps more in the evening. I’ll keep an eye on him.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It could be a huge coincidence but do you think at 4.5 years, he's just settling down and starting to be more relaxed at night? My cats play in the early evening around 3:00-4:00, but after dinner they just laze around all evening and they never did that as kittens.