Post Grooming Photos

Nime

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi there,

My cat just went to his vet to get groomed has done it there 2 times before. They gave him some gabapentin and sedated him. When i picked him up i noticed this dark discoloration on his skin i freaked out as it looks like bruises to me. I called them and they said it is skin discoloration. To me it looks bruised. What do you guys think?

Attachments

StanAndAlf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just looks like skin pigmentation to me as well, bruising in dogs and cats is generally a reddish colour (more like a graze really), not a deep blue.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
It looks like pigmentation to me. Worst case scenario, which is unlikely, that would not be a likely pattern of bruising if your cat had been restrained or handled roughly. Cat is walking okay, able to climb, jump, eating?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Nime

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It is now day 3 he wont stop trembling. He is persian had a full coat so i thought maybe he is cold so i put the heat on. He is naturally a very stresses cat. He also hasnt pooped since the day he went to the vet. I noticed on the darker areas of his fur that i think are bruises when i touch that area in between i can see a bunch of little black specks that look like fleas but the vey said theyre not fleas before. Is trembling normal 3 days after being sedated?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Nime

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It looks like pigmentation to me. Worst case scenario, which is unlikely, that would not be a likely pattern of bruising if your cat had been restrained or handled roughly. Cat is walking okay, able to climb, jump, eating?
He usually eats by jumping on top of the kitchen counter today he tried jumping and fell back. His whole body keep trembling. But he is able to run walk up and down the stairs.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
What you are seeing might be coincidental to the grooming, meaning that it seems related but is not. Having said that, none of us were there with your cat when he was groomed, so your suspicions might be well founded. Trembling three days after sedation is not normal. Also, he is not pooping. I think that you need to run this by the vet. Are you seeing anything like razor burn or unnecessarily close shaving? That happened to my dog once after he was shaved for a skin infection and he did go into a very distressed state.

I think you are better off calling the vet over nothing than just hoping that you are not seeing symptoms which might be of concern.