Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
Norachan Norachan Well, I am mystified. You did it so obviously it can be done! I had seen "How To Upload And Add Videos To Your Posts" that you posted. I have uploaded five videos, and when I look at the page the videos are on, there are no links under "SHARE YOUR MEDIA." There is no text at all. No ShareBB Gallery code. Here is a link to the page I uploaded for the video your posted.

https://thecatsite.com/media/unhealthyindeliblehedgehog-mobile-1.421689/

The same thing happens when I post still pictures to the gallery. I must be doing something wrong, but I don't know what.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not positive, but I think you still have to download it to your computer from a site, then upload it via "Add Media" from your own files (this would be if the web site isn't on the allowed-embed list). Norachan Norachan ?
Here’s a tutorial on uploading videos.

How To Upload And Add Videos To Your Posts
Yes, but I think Margret and I were trying to circumvent the downloading-the-files-to-our-computers first, before uploading them back to the Media area here.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I have uploaded five videos, and when I look at the page the videos are on, there are no links under "SHARE YOUR MEDIA." There is no text at all. No ShareBB Gallery code. Here is a link to the page I uploaded for the video your posted.
Strange. When I click on the link to your media page I see the codes on the left hand side of the page.

When I try to post my own media I go to my profile page, click on Media (Near the top of the page there is a list that starts Profile Posts, Recent Activity.....) Then all the videos I've uploaded appear. Click on the one I want to post and it takes me to a new page with the option to Share Media and the BB codes.

View media item 420560
Here are some kittens, just because....

I'm not positive, but I think you still have to download it to your computer from a site, then upload it via "Add Media" from your own files (this would be if the web site isn't on the allowed-embed list).
Yes, you have to download it to your PC first.

;)