POST CRUELTY-FREE PRODUCTS HERE!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
So many of us are staunch animal advocates that I thought it would be a good thing to have a place to put household and personal products that DO NOT test on animals!

Cover Girl Make-Up has won the "Leaping Bunny" award, which means that THEY do not animal test, nor do they buy from suppliers who do! 100% Cruelty-free!

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Biokleen.

Biokleen

They have a line of plant-based laundry products and home cleaners. They are family-owned and leaping bunny approved. I use their liquid laundry detergent and dryer sheets, and plan on slowly transitioning to their line of home cleaners.
I use Biokleen Bac-Out stain and odor remover and really like it!

The Giovanni line of hair care products is cruelty free as are One with Nature soaps, lotions, etc. And I finally found a cruelty-free facial moisturizer with an SPF of 30 with a scent I can tolerate: Andalou Naturals.

Sadly, it seems that many of these products are more expensive.

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been using soap nuts for the past couple of years for my laundry in the washer. Great, also, because it barely leaves a scent, which is a must with an asthmatic cat. They are also compostable after used.
I have wondered about these but a lot of review suggest they don't work. Either people love them or they hate them.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tarte cosmetics and skin care products are cruelty free and have been certified by PETA. They aren't a drugstore brand but are available at Ulta. They are one of the more reasonably priced department store brands and some of their products are vegan.

All Paul Mitchell hair products are cruelty free. Again they aren't a drugstore brand, they are available in many hair salons.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have wondered about these but a lot of review suggest they don't work. Either people love them or they hate them.
I've been happy with them! Only recently, like the last couple washes, have I noticed the clothes not getting as clean. But I have also been hand washing since August, and have never had this problem in the past couple years while using soapnuts. The water has also been getting more dirty the past few times, so I try to remember to wash twice or until the water is clearer and not overfill clothes in the plastic storage container so the clothes are easier to agitate.

In the summer, my clothes would get muddy and smell of cow from my summer job. My clothes always came out clean with no smell. I had access to a washer and dryer then. I've also been washing reusable period pads for the past year and a half, both by hand and washer/dryer using the soap nuts. They get presoaked and rinsed right after use, but still smell before going through the wash. They come out with no smell after a wash in the soap nuts and get washed mixed with my other clothes.

I'm extremely excited to get a portable mini washer and dryer beginning January! No more hand washing, haha. Couldn't believe how expensive laundromats are, and been trying to wash my clothes on the coldest days in winter when my heater runs more as my clothes get hung in front of my heater to help them dry. Yippeeee!

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been using vegan and cruelty free for the past 20 years when I first became vegan.

Deodorant & toothpaste-Tom's of Maine
Soap-Kirk's Castile
Shampoo, conditioner & body lotion-Jason

I don't use cosmetics.

white shadow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I bought Trader Joe’s Enrich Face Moisturizer with SPF15 and its Oat and Honey bar soap yesterday; both are cruelty free. I noticed several other of their personal care products are cruelty free as well.