Post a favorite picture featuring your cat's claws!

Gaven Kent

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Over the last month Carters arthritis has caused him to not be out as much and to nit be jumping up onto the wooden fences and trees in the garden. The discovery of an overactive thyroid answered a lot of questions. He is now on the mend and on the corrects medication to the point where he has a new lease of life and is almost kitten like and nothing like a 17 year old cat. He's kept his front claws nice and neat using the scratching posts and the sofa arm. His back claws have suffered due to the lack of use so before trimming I snapped this photo of his talon like back claws. Are these clawy enough?
image.jpeg

Gaven Kent

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
image.jpeg
If I don't keep a steady supply of these flowing then claws are definitely what will be shown to me in displeasure by Carter and Hugo! No pressure!

Gaven Kent

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
As you can see from my photos most of the Hugo and Carter shenanigans occur in the conservatory that is their cat version of a man cave. Everything in there belongs to them. The underfloor heating is a real favourite in the winter and it turns into a greenhouse in the summer which is equally loved. Today there has been hailstones and thunder followed by sunshine in London that has left them terrified and seeking refuge on their best sofas. That and Lick-e-licks with Webbox Chewsticks and Felix crunchies have eased the pain. i think we need to start buying in bulk at Costco!

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Your cat likes those sticks? I have a package of them neither of my guys will touch. They prefer temptations and freeze-dried liver dog treats.

There's a privately owned pet store near my house that makes them.

Gaven Kent

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I remember those days! Both my partner and I were covered in scratches when Hugo realised that he had claws and that small kittens can climb and hold onto skin! Our legs were just as bad. I was asked by a colleague if I was okay and was I self harming. I thought they were joking in really bad taste but the scratches were so many in number and so deep that I totally got where they were coming from. Thankfully he grew so big in such a short time that he moved on to scaling the sofas and climbing up 8 foot curtains. That stopped once he pulled the curtain rail down! I had so many scratches on my left arm that I had to cancel my tattoo appointment and wait until I'd healed. I used Bepanthen on the scratches and they pretty much healed without scarring. I'm really glad I waited for the tattoo as I'm convinced he would have destroyed it. Good luck with that awesome little creature.

basscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Over the last month Carters arthritis has caused him to not be out as much and to nit be jumping up onto the wooden fences and trees in the garden. The discovery of an overactive thyroid answered a lot of questions. He is now on the mend and on the corrects medication to the point where he has a new lease of life and is almost kitten like and nothing like a 17 year old cat. He's kept his front claws nice and neat using the scratching posts and the sofa arm. His back claws have suffered due to the lack of use so before trimming I snapped this photo of his talon like back claws. Are these clawy enough?View attachment 177967
This is a cat website. No bears allowed. :lol:

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Gypsy with her $25.00 Salvation Army scratching post/loveseat.
We had bought this before she moved in, but since she wouldn't use the $20 scratching post I bought for her, I returned it and we gave this to her to use . It's so tough it just barely snags. One of her beds is on it along with two cardboard scratchers that she also uses. Our fierce little girl, we love her lots.
20170420_181512-1.jpg

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Over the last month Carters arthritis has caused him to not be out as much and to nit be jumping up onto the wooden fences and trees in the garden. The discovery of an overactive thyroid answered a lot of questions. He is now on the mend and on the corrects medication to the point where he has a new lease of life and is almost kitten like and nothing like a 17 year old cat. He's kept his front claws nice and neat using the scratching posts and the sofa arm. His back claws have suffered due to the lack of use so before trimming I snapped this photo of his talon like back claws. Are these clawy enough?View attachment 177967
:eek2: YIKES!!!:shocked: