Post 6 day incision spay please help?

misskittylover

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all. My two girls (5 months) got spayed 6 days ago. Ones scar is totally fine and my other girl, evie, i am a little concerned about. I do have a vet appointment tomorrow, but has anyones babies scars healed like this? My vet told me to not force cones on them (they were way more stressed and trying to hurt themselves with them on) and I bought them onesies that I will put on when they are a bit more sleepy and not as hyper right now. She is acting normal, i don’t notice a smell or clear liquid. Please any thoughts are appreciated.

Attachments

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

misskittylover

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you! I sent them today and I feel like if it was a big worry, they’d tell me to take her to an emergency vet. A humane society did both my girls for me, and they did a great job, but my kitties cannot do well around other cats or smells of them so I rather pay my vet than put them through that again.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As long as there isn't any colored discharge, white/yellow/green, they should be fine. Swelling or a lump is normal because of the trauma internally. your vet visit tomorrow should be soon enough to find out for sure, but they look good to me. PS I have had LOTS of cats spayed and never used a cone......

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

misskittylover

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Unfortunately I couldn’t make it to my vet bc I am worried I may have covid. My father is going to take them where I had them spayed on Thursday for me. Thank you for you kindness and insight ❤