Possibly pregnant rescue cat

Kittycat12345

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi! So I own a small animal rescue and someone brought in a cat about a couple days ago they said she was a stray and they heard something so they went outside and found this cat mating, they kept her for about 2 and a half weeks ( not sure why) then brought her to me. I checked her nipples and they were a little pink so I waited till the next day to check them again, and they were ALOT bigger, but I’m still not sure if she is pregnant or not, this picture is a comparison picture of the day I got her vs about 4 days ago. they have grown a little more but not a ton.

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hi! So I own a small animal rescue and someone brought in a cat about a couple days ago they said she was a stray and they heard something so they went outside and found this cat mating, they kept her for about 2 and a half weeks ( not sure why) then brought her to me. I checked her nipples and they were a little pink so I waited till the next day to check them again, and they were ALOT bigger, but I’m still not sure if she is pregnant or not, this picture is a comparison picture of the day I got her vs about 4 days ago. they have grown a little more but not a ton.
She is mated and prob in early pregnancy. The teats pinks up typically on day 21. So you have an exact timetable here.
A spaying at this point is no medical problem at all.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kittycat12345

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I took her to the vet today to get her vaccinated and schedule a spay, and they said did you know that she is pregnant? I was super surprised because she was acting like she was in heat. She is 4 weeks pregnant😭

Kittycat12345

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh no! Now youll have kittens, but really that's not a horrible thing, keep us posted!
I was really hoping she wasn’t, but I also love kittens😂 she is acting like she is looking for a quiet place, do they start nesting this early?

Kittycat12345

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Not usually, it may be the hormones working on her though.
The cutest thing happened today, she had a stuffed elephant that she was cleaning and nursing (not literally) but it’s so cute!

Kittycat12345

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, so she is about 5 weeks and her belly is really starting to pop! But I checked her nipples today and they seem white not really pink anymore is that normal?

Kittycat12345

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I got a photo of her belly today, I didn’t hold her for long just a second. Also her nipples have pinked up a lot today.
EF31FB74-028B-49F6-88FA-A3C387DDBC8C.jpeg

Kittycat12345

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Pink or not, the pregnancy will continue. She’s so fluffy it’s hard to tell. .
this is a photo from a week ago, I think I see a difference but I might be insane😂
B05A179C-079F-4EBE-AB02-AF0AB15850D6.jpeg

Kittycat12345

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No, I see a difference. She is pregnant! Prepare for kittens in a few more weeks.....
When should I start keeping her in a room? Right now she has the whole house.