Possibly Chicken Allergy + Weightloss

mrw5641

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi all! I was wondering if anyone has a cat like mine who has to lose some weight but all the the prescription foods for weight management contain some sort of chicken.. (Not doing home cooked).

Any suggestions on weight loss foods (wet/dry)? He loves dry food, which is likely the main problem.

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My fat senior was chicken intolerant and was losing fur anytime she ate it, so we had to avoid it. We honestly switched to 100% wet foods and that was all it took to get her back to a healthy weight!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrw5641

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks mizzely mizzely my chunk doesn't like wet food, and frequently does throw up after eating it, even in small amounts.

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sorry, you said wet and dry foods so didn't realize wet was off the table. What food are you feeding now and how much?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrw5641

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, its is extremely hit or miss with wet foods, he throws up more with wet also. I was feeding him Farmina weight management, he stopped liking it, started feeding him Farmina Cod the other day.

He used to be on prescription diet for allergies, then we switched to regular food. I suspect this is causing his weight gain