Possible Stray

Annoellyn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My neighborhood has a few pet cats that I see often but don't really let me pet them.
Last night this cat I've never seen before came running up to me and was super affectionate, rubbing my legs, meowing, purring, rolling on his back for me to pet his tummy. He isn't too skinny but he has a few things stuck his fur. I kept walking to where I was going but this cat kept following, almost tripping me. So I put him in my bathroom away from the other cats with the door closed. Gave him food and water. I inspected him and he has a small bald patch over just one eye the looks a little red. I was a little freaked out that it was Ringworm so I put him back outside with a bowl of food. A few hours later he was still hanging around and when I opened my door he came running up to me and wanted in.
I wanted to go have him checked for Ringworm so he doesn't infect everyone. But if he's not a stray then it would be good nothing. He isn't skinny but a lot of strays here aren't skinny as we have feral cat places set up to catch, fix, and rerelease them.
I'm thinking if I see him again I'll keep him quarantined and take him to the vet to see if he's microchipped, etc. Call the humane society see if anyone lost a cat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Annoellyn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He hasn't been seen yet so I'm hoping he did belong to someone and is home. I see the other cat that was with him but he belongs to next door. I asked around and no one saw him after that day either. Hoping he's warm somewhere!