Possible pregnant ragdoll

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just FYI for folks in this thread, Ragdolls are not closely related to the Siamese breed. Ragdolls were primarily developed from domestic longhairs and Persians, and cluster together with Western European breeds in genetic studies.

Despite their pointed coloring, it's not really accurate to compare Ragdolls to the Siamese breed in temperament, gestation length, etc.
I understand where these comments are coming from, but pointed coloring doesn't make a cat a "Siamese."

Here are a couple of references showing how various breeds cluster together in genetic studies:

Last edited:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know we seem to go on about making sure all cats are neutered and spayed, but it comes from the fact that most of us on this site have seen so much death and suffering from cats that are unwanted, abandoned, and just plain not cared for. I, for one, wish that all cats were spayed and neutered, making them a valuable and sought-after species, not what they are now. My city still poisons them when they become a nuisance, and it happens all over the world.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mumjoe267

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So you did rebreed her again to another boy? Is he an actual registered boy? I dont know how many times I see regular DLH colorpoints listed as ragdolls so I do hope he's a registered boy. I also hope that you spay/neuter all the kittens before they leave your home at 14 weeks old. You can contact vets to find out which ones will and the cost and then adjust the price of the kittens accordingly. :) All responsible breeders spay/neuter their kittens so I hope if you plan on being a breeder or even just having the one litter that you are responsible and fix the kittens.
Hi, yes he’s fully registered, he is a seal lynx. I’ve seen his papers and also copies of his certificate showing that he is HCM free too.
The kittens - if she is indeed pregnant - will be fully vaccinated and checked by a vet before they are rehomed. My vet will not spay or neuter until six months old - and I have checked this with the ones local to me if they will do sooner and it is a resounding no. I got my boy kitten neutered six months ago and the absolute earliest they would do is 6 months for him.
I am in the UK but I know some places must do early neutering here.
Despite this post and what I am attempting to do with my cat - I am very much pro spay and neuter. As I said previously, all my cats I have had in the past have all been spayed or neutered at six months. Xx

Mumjoe267

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
But it may not even be an issue as I don’t even know if she is expecting. I think she is pinking up - but tbh I don’t really know what they were like before.
I have been told that as she has been around a male cat while calling it’s likely but I know it doesn’t always take. Xx

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The kittens - if she is indeed pregnant - will be fully vaccinated and checked by a vet before they are rehomed. My vet will not spay or neuter until six months old - and I have checked this with the ones local to me if they will do sooner and it is a resounding no. I got my boy kitten neutered six months ago and the absolute earliest they would do is 6 months for him.
I am in the UK but I know some places must do early neutering here.
Yes, I know it's not as easy to have early neutering done in some areas. If you cannot spay / neuter the kittens before placement, the next best thing is to have owners sign a contract promising to neuter / spay by 6 months. The most important thing about a contract is that it gives you a good opportunity to have a conversation with them about both their expectations, and your expectations. Sometimes an owner won't follow a contract... but most people have good intentions. After you place the kittens, you can call up the owners when it gets closer to that time, to check in with them about their kittens, and remind them about the neutering.

Mumjoe267

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes this is a good idea. Thank you. Xx

Mumjoe267

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When would she come back into call if she isn’t? I read about 2-3 weeks, would this be from the last day of calling I assume? Her last day calling was Sunday 14th March xx

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When would she come back into call if she isn’t? I read about 2-3 weeks, would this be from the last day of calling I assume? Her last day calling was Sunday 14th March xx
It really depends. If she's not pregnant, she might come back into heat within a couple of weeks of mating, or it could be as long as 6-10 weeks if the mating process triggers some of the hormonal changes of pregnancy.

Mumjoe267

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you, yes just a waiting game. I have tried to take some pics of her nipples today I am sorry you probably get this loads but does it look like she is pinking up? Trouble is I don’t know how she looked before but my spayed cat’s are flesh coloured and smaller xx 8F70BE8A-0956-40BA-898C-3F79736F0180.jpeg 8F70BE8A-0956-40BA-898C-3F79736F0180.jpeg 10FD8DF8-623A-49FA-9EC9-6BD80C34A83D.jpeg

Attachments

Mumjoe267

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They are quite pink - but not very enlarged yet but like I said I just don’t know what they were like before xx

Mumjoe267

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just to update this thread in case anyone may find it helpful in the future - I think that my ragdoll is pregnant - she has started to really pink up now, I’ve attached a pic which doesn’t really show how pink and round they are in their full glory, she is really sleepy and her stomach already feels firmer, she will be having an ultrasound next week. Thank you to everyone for your responses I will keep this thread updated xxx

Attachments

Mumjoe267

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have also taken on board all the comments and I do realise I was rather naive tbh but I am going to do my absolute best to do the best I can for my cat throughout this and she will be spayed ASAP!! Xxx

Mumjoe267

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have also taken on board all the comments and I do realise I was rather naive tbh but I am going to do my absolute best to do the best I can for my cat throughout this and she will be spayed ASAP!! Xxx
Although she will be spayed after they are born if she is pregnant I would hate the idea of a spay-abort although I know spay-aborts do have their place in the right circumstances ❤ Hope that all makes sense xx

Mumjoe267

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wanted to update this thread again just in case anyone interested or come across this thread in the future - my cat had an ultrasound today and they have confirmed she is expecting with what looks like five kittens. Possibly another one. Was explained to that sometimes kittens can reabsorb but atm all is looking fine. I saw them wriggling about, I am worried and excited and just gonna do even more reading up about it all now. Hope everyone ok x

Attachments

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Keep us informed.. we're happy to help, and people around here fret when we don't hear how pregnancies are going :)

Mumjoe267

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you, seeing them on the scan made it all so real and seeing them wriggling about, she said she could see five which isn’t a bad size for a litter of kittens, I didn’t expect that many tbh, I just hope my girl manages ok, I am sure she will be fine but I am gonna work on worst case scenario too and read as much as I can xx

Mumjoe267

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey. Wanted to update this thread in case anyone finds it useful. Well Daisy is really big now, her kittens are due anytime from 8th-14th May. Today she started having some brownish/pinkish discharge, no smell, she was cleaning it away quickly but she had it for maybe 15-20 mins? Then it slowed. I phoned the vet and they saw her as an emergency. They said she is in good health, everything is fine, although her temperature had dropped slightly which they said can be a sign of labour but she isn’t due yet, at the most she is on day 53. They gave her a scan and the kittens are all alive with heartbeats. No kittens are in the birth canal. Since I’ve got her home she has had no more discharge and I can see the little ones moving in her belly. The vet said could be a late miscarriage or premature birth but she said at 53 days the kittens would not survive. This has really stressed me out, and I feel dreadful for her, she is not showing any signs of labour and is just sleeping. Hope she and her babies are going to be ok. This has made me realise that breeding should really be left to the professionals.
the lady who will mentor me with the active kitten was so good and helpful as I was texting her in a panic. In any event, Daisy seems comfortable just tired. X

Attachments

Mumjoe267

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The pics are of her today after got her home from the vets x

Mumjoe267

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Me too :( I have been googling and it seems brownish discharge is not unheard of, but usually precedes labour...she is with me now and she definitely isn’t leaking anymore xx