Possible Pregnant Cat

Rosevogt

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all! About a month ago I took in a 6 or 7 year old kitty who's owner passed away. The farm hand from the barn she lived in said she'd never been to a vet before so we will be going to the vet next week. I keep thinking she might be pregnant because she lived with about 50 other cats and her nipples look big to me but I'm not sure what normal female cat nipples look like. The vet will tell me what's up next week but I'm so curious I wanted to see what others think!
I have attached a picture of her two lowest nipples and the picture doesn't show it well but they're probably 2/4 of a cm long.
IMG_20200222_165109.jpg

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If she’s 6 or 7 years old she should not have be having kittens, so consider getting her spayed and terminating the pregnancy if she is. However, has she had litters before?

Also, out of curiosity, who cares for all those cats? Do any of them get spayed or neutered? That is a huge number of cats in that barn.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Rosevogt

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I don't have a whole lot of information about her but from what I've gathered, she's had many litters. The farmhand of the barn semi looks after the cats and I believe this specific kitty was also aloud inside. 50 cats might also be an exaggeration but there was definitely well over 30 cats when I went to pick her up.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Rosevogt

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Not well over** but definitely 30+

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats breed extremely quickly. Volunteer with rescue worked with a farmer who had people dumping cats there, and we took 16 preggers and kittens. In total it was 86 cats/kittens in 2 months! it took us a while to capture them all.