Possible Pregnancy?

Nichiie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, this is my kitten Indira. She’s 11months old as of June 24th. She’s recently been gaining weight and nipple growth. She is an inside outside cat that isn’t neutered. She has been sleeping and eating a lot with definite signs of wanting more affection. I’m aware these are a few signs of possible pregnancy save “pinking up” and “nesting”(maybe). I suppose I am looking for pre-vet reassurance?

Top image is from today, bottom is from months ago.

E5A00ED9-939A-45D4-B206-9D2988BFBD49.jpeg
2596FFFF-0FB7-4AAA-9F5D-4C8FBF40B9A7.jpeg

Attachments

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, if she is female, over 5 months, and was allowed to go outside the chances are VERY good she is pregnant. Start feeding her kitten food now and when she is nursing to give her extra calories and nutrition, all the luck!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Do you plan to spay her after this litter weans?

She’s a lovely cat!

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
100% she's pregnant if she's an unfixed cat allowed to roam. Please get her spayed asap after the kittens are weaned, or it is early enough that she can be spayed now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Nichiie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, if she is female, over 5 months, and was allowed to go outside the chances are VERY good she is pregnant. Start feeding her kitten food now and when she is nursing to give her extra calories and nutrition, all the luck!
Yes, will do. Thank you for the reassurance !

Nichiie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Do you plan to spay her after this litter weans?

She’s a lovely cat!
Quite possibly. We simply haven’t due to the stray bringing her litter to us during the pandemic. Lack of time and money.

Nichiie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
100% she's pregnant if she's an unfixed cat allowed to roam. Please get her spayed asap after the kittens are weaned, or it is early enough that she can be spayed now.
Thanks for the reassurance. We are thinking about it. Lack of time and money because of the pandemic.

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To be honest raising a litter of kittens is far more expensive than a spay. You feeding double the amount and litter, litter boxes and toys. For even a litter of just 2 kittens you are feeding the amount of 6 cats. I would look into low income vet clinics near you and think about spaying her asap. If there are any issues with kittens of course it means vet bills, most always get diarrhea and all need to be wormed a few times. It adds up very quickly. If momma doesnt nurse them you will have to bottle feed every 2 hours and stimulate them. Just something to think about :)

Sylvia Jones

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She is beautiful! Who is the other cat beside her? You said there was a stray with kittens Just wondering if the stray kitty was with you when she had her kittens? I had to spay 2 at once and found that the shelter where I live does it for a very reduced rate Its something you can check out Its a good idea to try and start lining up adopters as soon as you can Please feel free to ask any questions

Nichiie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
To be honest raising a litter of kittens is far more expensive than a spay. You feeding double the amount and litter, litter boxes and toys. For even a litter of just 2 kittens you are feeding the amount of 6 cats. I would look into low income vet clinics near you and think about spaying her asap. If there are any issues with kittens of course it means vet bills, most always get diarrhea and all need to be wormed a few times. It adds up very quickly. If momma doesnt nurse them you will have to bottle feed every 2 hours and stimulate them. Just something to think about :)
Yes, I am aware. We raised their litter when their mom brought them to us. We pretty much have all the resources. Once we can we will spay her for all reasons. Our oldest cat is spayed. We have her two sisters a good home, her brother sticks around but chose not to be in doors.

Nichiie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She is beautiful! Who is the other cat beside her? You said there was a stray with kittens Just wondering if the stray kitty was with you when she had her kittens? I had to spay 2 at once and found that the shelter where I live does it for a very reduced rate Its something you can check out Its a good idea to try and start lining up adopters as soon as you can Please feel free to ask any questions
Thank you so much! Yes we live in a nice trailer park and there are and always have been stray cats. They’re quite healthy to my knowledge. The strays name is Midnight (all black white tail tip) she brought us 4 of her kittens. We aren’t sure if those are all that were in that litter. She visited us whenever we were outside for too long. I think that’s how she grew to trust us enough to take care of her babies. She brought them in a week long thunderstorm. Midnight never took a liking to any of her torties so my Indira was kicked off of the nipple immediately. She became an inside cat before she knew it.
Thank you again. Our husband knows many people who wanted their litter so they’d definitely adopt any of Indira’s. I will get in touch with them thank you.

Joelle and the kittens

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
How old was this other litter when the mother brought them to you? Do you still have plenty of KMR, syringes, miracle nipples, etc. in case any of the kittens need to be supplemented?

Nichiie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
How old was this other litter when the mother brought them to you? Do you still have plenty of KMR, syringes, miracle nipples, etc. in case any of the kittens need to be supplemented?
The litter was two weeks old when they were brought to us. We’re getting more milk replacer because we aren’t sure how much we liked the brand. Everything on hand. I’m definitely still learning. Thanks.

Joelle and the kittens

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Good luck! Keep in mind that newborns that aren't gaining weight/are very small to begin with will need to be supplemented every two hours until they're able to get enough nutrition from their mothers.

Sylvia Jones

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We don’t know what the circumstances we be until she gives birth So Please keep posting We are here to help

Nichiie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Good luck! Keep in mind that newborns that aren't gaining weight/are very small to begin with will need to be supplemented every two hours until they're able to get enough nutrition from their mothers.
Thank you! We’ve located our nearest vet when needed. It isn’t as expensive as we thought either that’s definitely a good start. It’ll be a journey.

Nichiie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We don’t know what the circumstances we be until she gives birth So Please keep posting We are here to help
Thank you for wanting to help! I’ve received so much knowledge within the past few days it’s crazy! I sure will be around!

Nichiie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is a little late but here’s the photo of him. Sorry lol just thought about how I should’ve shown you in the reply haha! This is her brother Jiyu

Attachments

Nichiie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, this is my kitten Indira. She’s 11months old as of June 24th. She’s recently been gaining weight and nipple growth. She is an inside outside cat that isn’t neutered. She has been sleeping and eating a lot with definite signs of wanting more affection. I’m aware these are a few signs of possible pregnancy save “pinking up” and “nesting”(maybe). I suppose I am looking for pre-vet reassurance?

View attachment 387312View attachment 387315
Update! I’m currently sitting with Indira, she’s fully sat and isn’t moving and possibly asleep. I noticed mid pet stroke that something grazed across my pinky. It’s been 10 minutes now and I’m pretty sure I’ve bonded with an unborn kitten in there 😂 They’re dancing up a storm while mom naps. I’m assuming she’s in week 5 of the pregnancy now. We’re planning a vet visit.

Photo is pre nap of how her belly looks now

Attachments

Nichiie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

View attachment 387312View attachment 387315
UPDATE!! She was 100% pregnant and farther along then I assumed in my last update. She birthed three babies (two fullly developed gingers who breached and a black runt) and one survived. We assumed her black runt only survived due to her size. This would mean fully developed kittens wouldn’t make it (for the first litter that is). But I digress, this is Ahnix.
D6A8B707-0926-4B2E-AA3D-7455BD522184.jpeg