Possible Pregnancy?

BlueJBird

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So this is not the first time my family and I have handled a pregnant cat. Around November of 2018, four relatively young cats were (presumably) dropped off at our house. Three of them were girls, we named them Cali, Grey, and Oreo. The fourth was a black male named Midnight. Eventually another older male who we named Tabby started coming around. Long story short, Grey, Cali, and Oreo ended up pregnant, had their litters (four, five, and five kittens respectively). When they were old enough, we got all of the cats spayed/neutered to avoid another kitten "outbreak." Midnight ran away and we never could catch Tabby. Eventually Grey disappeared, and two of the kittens sadly ended up dying later on. They're outside cats, unfortunately this happens.
Now we have Cali, Oreo, and the remaining year or so old 6 cats living outside. We built cat boxes, and they're here to stay. An orange stray had also started hanging around, but he was mean to the other cats so we currently have him in an outdoor pen by himself so he doesn't harm any cats. He's fine with humans and our dog, just aggressive to other cats.
A black cat who has been named Sylvester has also started hanging around within the past couple months. Of course, he hasn't been neutered yet, due to the pandemic and the fact that no other females were around.
Unfortunately, a female cat (named Milkshake as of today) has shown up for the third time today, and seems to be pregnant.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

BlueJBird

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I posted it too soon, anyways, I have attached some pictures of Milkshake. She is also minorly aggressive towards the other cats, but I think it can be trained out of her. It also may be due to the possible pregnancy. I can take more photos if necessary, but she is quite large at this point. In addition, her nipples haven't enlarged or anything. Again, I can take more pictures and provide more info if need be.
Any suggestions? I suppose I am speaking more in general terms, since it is VERY cold and she's so big she can't fit into either of the cat boxes we have built.

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It sounds like you know what to do having done it all before! Is she early enough to be spayed and terminated? Otherwise, feed her well and she’ll need spaying once the litter is about 6 weeks old. You’ll have more kittens to spay and neuter as well. Sounds like you are a “cat magnet”! 😊

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Seems we posted at the same time! Is she just a fat, well fed cat?

BlueJBird

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It doesn't seem like she's early enough to be spayed and terminated, nor can we currently get to the vet due to the pandemic and conditions of the area we're in. We will try to keep her and the kittens in a safer place (hopefully inside the house) once they're born as to avoid any possible harm coming to them (my main concern is Sylvester, as he is a big male cat.) And when they're older we can try to arrange a visit with the same place that spayed/neutered the last litters. And yes, we do certainly feel like a "cat magnet!" 😄

BlueJBird

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Seems we posted at the same time! Is she just a fat, well fed cat?
She may be, I'm hoping she is, but I'll monitor her and see how things go. She seems to definitely be a stray though, despite being VERY friendly towards humans. It's also possible someone dropped her off after finding out she may be pregnant. It is very sad if that's the case seeing as it's extremely cold and snowy.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Can you bring them inside out of the weather now instead of later?

BlueJBird

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have brought up that possibility to my mom, but at the moment we don't have much space for her to live. We have cats inside (coincidentally, three had been strays and two were from Grey's litter) as well as a dog, and my dad (living with family as I don't have a place yet) isn't too fond of another cat hanging around. He also doesn't know that she may be pregnant yet.
I would be entirely willing for her (and her potential kittens) to live in my room, but I have a medium-small bird (green cheek conure) as well as one of the cats, who is mine, Skye, living there already. Skye would have stayed outside but she had an accident when she was younger which led to her having had seizures. She doesn't anymore, but she's lived inside since she's now a bit developmentally delayed (getting better though, I love her.)
Anyways, there is a possibility we could try and put her in the bathroom, since we've done that with Skye before. I'll ask my mom about that when I get the chance.

BlueJBird

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The other cats (the ones we have spayed/neutered) have a heat lamp outside and two wooden cat boxes with hay, but it seems like Milkshake may not be able to fit through the hole we have for them to get inside. We do have a cat pen we kept the others in before they were spayed/neutered, but we have another orange male named Milo in there because he was aggressive towards the other cats. Sylvester (the other black male) is fine with the other cats, but I still worry about him possibly hurting Milkshake and/or her possible kittens.