Possible Options To Take The Place Of Fancy Feast On The Plate

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!
daisysdad daisysdad and everyone who has been/is having troubles with your cat(s) and Fancy Feast, there are two canned possibilities that are made by Purina, --the idea being that something else made by the same manufacturer might be found palatable by said felines.

I'm in the same situation and am trying these with the Big Guy as I write this. (There are probably others made by Purina but I haven't gotten to those yet).

I realize some people may be way ahead of me on this, but in any case I thought I'd post this in case it's of help to anyone.

One is Muse, and this has quite a few varieties including grain free.

The second one is Purina True Instinct. I have more hope for this and upon the first plate he was served, he actually dug in which I haven't seen for a while. The consistency of the chicken recipe in gravy seems quite similar to Fancy Feast Primavera.

This is as far as I've gotten by looking on shelves in my local big pet-store and local grocery and then put in front of the Big Guy.

Hopefully these are available to those of you in farflung locales, and all the best of luck to all of us!!
:vibes::redheartpump:

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well, phooey.
I looked up Nova Scotia the other day - WOW!

Tillybug

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I’ve narrowed down the flavours the Jungle Cat will still eat...

- flaked, tuna and trout only
- chicken feast pate
- beef feast pate
- grilled chicken, tuna

Won’t touch

- anything salmon
- ocean whitefish and tuna (both pate and grilled)
- seafood feast (will nibble)
- turkey and giblets
- chopped grill

- Friskies also getting snubbed

I live in Calgary and for the heck of it I bought Co-Op Gold food (grocery chain here). Same style can as FF. Only have pate but they read the same as FF. Made in Canada. She is eating it so I’ve added that into rotation with the FF flavours she will eat.

She did eat some BFF too. Tried to sneak in some others but they ended up in the green cart

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What about Sheba? It’s not perfect, but I consider it almost like Fancy Feast price wise.

daisysdad

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We are so much more limited here in Canada as to the variety we can get. Prices higher usually too. I’ve no idea why. Obviously to do with sales and profit.

kestria

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I’m in Canada and I’m feeding Special Kitty (the Walmart brand) and my kitten loves it.

Tillybug

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
No Sheba in Canada either. Special Kitty may be worth a try but that means I have to go to Walmart :ohwell: I also tried the Meow Mix wet and it went to the green cart too.

Also, she seems to be eating the FF new Creamy Delights line.

The beef flavour of the CoOp food ended up in the green cart this morning and she ate a few spoons of FF grilled Tuna.

I don’t feed FF for the cost factor.... it’s literally all she would eat which is why I’m trying similar, on par brands. Tried raw too. Tried dehydrated. Running out of options.

Anyone want a toothless jungle cat?!? Lol....