Possible new family member! Wish us luck!

Krienze

Officially a cat lady now. No regrets.
Super Cat
Purraise
So as many of you know, we adopted Jasper shortly after losing our CiCi-girl. It felt right. He connected with us right away.

As it turns out, Jasper has a sister who has been having trouble getting adopted out due to having had some bad diarrhea initially. We're anxious to hear back from the shelter about when we can meet her so that we can see if we connect with her. Cross your fingers for us!

I'd love to be able to bring her home if we connect!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Krienze

Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks for all the well wishes!

I'm beyond excited at the thought of taking her home. She's actually Jasper's sister, and I've never had two cats close in age like this before. All my cats have always been 6 or more years apart. I was reading how getting two kittens is actually beneficial if you have older cats because they are more likely to play with one another instead of becoming irritations to the older cat!

I got to see her picture earlier. She looks almost identical to Jasper, too! I'm a little concerned about telling them apart but I'm guessing that might come natural once I get the kitten and have her here in person to see.

SweetiePie1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well i am excited to find out how this works out. It might take some work to get into the adoption place right now with all this virus stuff going on. Our local shelter is only doing visitation by appt. right now. I do think its worth doing what you can to bring Jasper's sister home. You're already gonna smell familiar when you see her again so don't be surprised if she is waiting for YOU. :hyper::purr:

Krienze

Super Cat
Purraise
Well i am excited to find out how this works out. It might take some work to get into the adoption place right now with all this virus stuff going on. Our local shelter is only doing visitation by appt. right now. I do think its worth doing what you can to bring Jasper's sister home. You're already gonna smell familiar when you see her again so don't be surprised if she is waiting for YOU. :hyper::purr:
Yes! The virus is what I'm most concerned about with getting things set up.

Thankfully it's more of a cat rescue than a shelter (though habit, I keep calling it a shelter) and the kitten is being fostered. The woman I talk with is SUPER nice and I think as long as she knows I intend to adopt, she'll hold the kitten until we're able to meet =)

Jasper is just such a wonderful kitten that I have to imagine his sister is too. The rescue says she's really sweet, and they haven't lied to us yet about any personalities! so I trust them.

SweetiePie1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi Krienze,
Hope you and your family are all ok. I am interested if there is any news or update about our sister. Take care!!!😷🙄

Krienze

Super Cat
Purraise
Hi Krienze,
Hope you and your family are all ok. I am interested if there is any news or update about our sister. Take care!!!😷🙄
We adopted her. =) Her name is Mia. She's skittish and not to great with other cats, because she was poorly socialized, but we're working with her and she's getting better every day ^_^

SweetiePie1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ohhhh my gosh!!! That is awesome and a HUGE welcome to Mia!:purr:
That's such great news and i am so happy to hear it. I needed some good news today so thank you for the cheer up. Sorry to hear she hasn't totally settled in yet but i am sure she's just planning her take over and hasn't quite figured it out yet. But she's working on it.;):)

Krienze

Super Cat
Purraise
Ohhhh my gosh!!! That is awesome and a HUGE welcome to Mia!:purr:
That's such great news and i am so happy to hear it. I needed some good news today so thank you for the cheer up. Sorry to hear she hasn't totally settled in yet but i am sure she's just planning her take over and hasn't quite figured it out yet. But she's working on it.;):)
I'm glad I could offer some cheer! Thank you, too =)

We already love our little Mia-bean. She's precious. She's trying, too! I just know she's going to become a good cat.